DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Familys

What do you think

• Total voters

chatis1234

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chatis1234
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello so with the revival of potterworld roleplay scene I thought that families would be given a bit more ability. Some servers have a guild system. For those that do not know a guild is a group of people (in this case a family) that have similar interests. There should be a Family system where you would do for say /family invite (user) and that user would do /family accept. This would allow creating a more formalized family system. Some of the things a family could have would be a family chat for example /ch fam or /ch f. Another thing that could be added to the family system would be a family housing plot where those members of a family with the family's leader permission can build and create a family house. Every so often there could also be "clan games" as a family is also refers to as a clan was family compete to become Potterworld's Number one Family!

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I believe that the idea of guilds has been thought about (it was mentioned in the last q and a so even though that's not up to date, they have still thought about it). One slight problem if it were to be /ch f - the command for quickly typing there would be /f, which already stands for friend, but it could easily be changed to /fc or something.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
In my opinion, these sort of role-play features regarding family, marriage, etc. are pretty unnecessary to the server and don't add anything really at all. Potterworld obviously doesn't discourage people to create themselves a family name and invite others to join their family, but it's definitely not a focus of the role-play mission they're trying to achieve right now. I think that it's more suitable that there aren't specific commands to start a family when you can start a family without the commands as people have been doing since the server opened. As for the family chat, there's always party chat. I also don't see the point of a family housing when each player has their own personal housing that could be the family house, and what restrictions would there be? Would it even be manageable to manage these restrictions? Like if someone doesn't build a family home on their family housing, then would they be required to break it down? It just seems too complicated and unnecessary.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for this suggestion! We appreciate all of the feedback that we get, as we get to hear what you have to say. Like you say in your suggestion, this idea is similar to that of a guild system. While we will be declining this suggestion, as mentioned in the Revelius Q&A video, guilds are something that we would like to do. This would, however, not happen for a while.