DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Feedback on Global Chat

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
So the only chat I'm usually part of is global. I find that that chat is sometimes just empty, or there's a conversation where I try to get into, but I end up getting ignored. I wish there was a way for the global chat to be like the chat during wizards PE, or sometimes the chat during flying class. I find that the conversations in those classes are very inclusive, and I don't get ignored as often. So I think we should get the global chat to be more inclusive and more lively like the class chats.

Could we keep the chats that don't include everyone to be in a party chat? The global chat is meant for everyone to take part in conversations and have fun. And everyone should be listened to, and not ignored in those conversations in that channel. So the conversations that not everyone can be part of should be asked to be moved to a party chat.

Like I said in the first paragraph, the global chat can be sometimes empty. At times I only see people asking basic questions in global, and there's just nothing fun to talk about. I think that Potterworld should have a bot that asks conversation starters every 10-20 minutes, for example "Do you prefer cats or dogs?" and then everyone responds, and a conversations starts off that.

This post isn't directed at anyone specific, it's just my feedback on the global chat, and how we should fix it to make it more inclusive to newer, or not well known players, so they can still have a fun experience with chatting with the other players.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I don't agree with having a bot in global chats. The reason why class chats are active is because people are usually just waiting for something and have nothing else to do. About global, I don't really understand what you meant. First you said you're usually ignored when there is a conversation, but then you say it's empty? You can always start your own conversations, I don't really see the reason of having a bot doing that and how would that make you any less ignored.

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I don't agree with having a bot in global chats. The reason why class chats are active is because people are usually just waiting for something and have nothing else to do. About global, I don't really understand what you meant. First you said you're usually ignored when there is a conversation, but then you say it's empty? You can always start your own conversations, I don't really see the reason of having a bot doing that and how would that make you any less ignored.
What I mean is, at some times all it is, is new players asking basic questions in global, and people answering them, so that makes them empty. But at other times there's conversations that happen that not everyone can really take part of.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
What I mean is, at some times all it is, is new players asking basic questions in global, and people answering them, so that makes them empty. But at other times there's conversations that happen that not everyone can really take part of.
What makes you think you can't start your own convos or join the existing ones? You're questioning simple human behavior. You have all the powers to start or change the flow of a conversation. Meet new people, make new friends, it's just fun and games. I just cannot agree with having bots in global asking stuff, that just seems weird for me.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello @Yellow_Flower - thank you for posting this feedback/suggestions on the forums. We appreciate your thoughts on global chat and the suggestions you have made regarding it. Unfortunately, the suggestion part of this thread has been declined for reasons that will be mentioned in further detail below.

Often chats are empty because there is a class happening or people are busy doing their own things on the server. It is hard to 'make global chat like class chat' because class chat comprises of currently active players all doing the same thing, or just waiting for class, as has been mentioned previously. Anyone can contribute to conversations in global if they choose to do so, and if people did not want to include others in their conversations or allow others to join in the conversation, they would choose to use PMs/local/party chat instead.

It would be incredibly difficult to keep all conversations in party chat that do not involve every player that is currently in global, as there will always be people that are part of global that conversations exclude in some form. Global is a place for anyone to start conversations about anything they want to with whoever they choose to, as it's a general and free chat for the whole server. We would not want to restrict this and it would be unfair to ask players to move these conversations to party chat.

Additionally, we would not want to add a bot that asks questions as conversation starters in global chat, as we prefer that players bring up topics they want to in global themselves instead of artificially, and a bot asking questions might end up interrupting conversations going on in global. Additionally, we generally do not think this is a necessary addition to global chat.

As this thread is mostly made up of suggestions, we will be declining it. Thank you once again for bringing this all up to us!