DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Fix Sledding Challenges and Tournaments

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
If you've attended the last sledding challenge and the sledding tournament today, one thing was clear. It was literally unplayable in the qualifiers round. Everyone had 999+ ping on the tab list (mine was 4000+)

The player experience was not smooth at all, but it doesn't have to be this way. Here's a suggestion on fixing the lag issues.

Have each house race with each other separately. So 4 qualifying races. This means you have 25% of the players flying at once (usually around 15-20 players) rather than send off all 80 into a crazy qualifying race.

Griffins go alone, Ravens alone, Serpents alone, Badgers alone. They will lag much less. The rest of the players wait their turn.

The top 3 from each house qualify to make a final 12. Then these 12 do the final 4 races to determine a winner. This will still keep the same style of sledding but would fix the unplayable qualifying round.

From what I've seen, the top 12 are inevitably determined by who's wifi can handle the most rather than who's the most skilled at sledding.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello! @Salmandingo

Thank you for creating your suggestion! We are always looking for new ways to improve the server. I'll bring it up to the staff team and send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a fantastic day!

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @Salmandingo,

At this time I am here to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted. However, we will not be doing it in this particular method. At the moment, the Arena team splits up the qualifiers, which has reduced the lag a lot since this system has been introduced. Therefore, we will be marking this suggestion as completed. Thank you again for taking the time to create this suggestion.

Have a fantastic day/night!