DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Flying Bug

Have you gotten stuck in a tower while playing the quabbleball flying map?

• Total voters

chaileyrose

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: chail3y
Dark Follower Staff Raven Vampire Jr. Architect Lead Game Designer Lead
Okay so I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but I feel like it would be beneficial.

Anyone who has played the flying minigame knows of the miserable sense of defeat when you get stuck. Specifically in the Quabbleball Map. You glitch into the towers and either have to restart or accept defeat. I know personally I struggle with this often and I have heard many complain about it, especially by newer players who are easily frustrated and overwhelmed by the server.

I feel like if barrier blocks were placed inside of each of the towers, It would now allow you to glitch into the inside of the tower. Or at least reduce the possibility. Attached is a poll, Vote on whether or not you have dealt with this problem!

I hope this is helpful! <3

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
I have never been stuck in one of the towers myself and fly pretty often so I have never experienced it but maybe its better if you take some pictures of where it happens a lot so the staff knows where they need to check it.

chaileyrose

Notable Magician
Staff
I have never been stuck in one of the towers myself and fly pretty often so I have never experienced it but maybe its better if you take some pictures of where it happens a lot so the staff knows where they need to check it.
Next time I play I definitely will!

chaileyrose

Notable Magician
Staff
I have pictures but I cant upload them, if someone wants them I can send them on discord!

<edit>

I figured out how thanks to @Evux

Here are the images

https%3A//i.imgur.com/8YbX8MG.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/8YbX8MG.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/8YbX8MG.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/8YbX8MG.jpg[/img]']

These images show both when you get stuck in a tower and when you get stuck between them where there is not course.

I hope this helps!

<Idk why the links are appearing too sorry>

Last edited:

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I remember a while back they added a /stuck command in flying maps so that when you got stuck outside the map you could use the command to get teleported to the start of the race. I'm not sure if this command works in Quabbleball but you should try it. If it doesn't work in Quabbleball, then it should be implemented.

Evux

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Evux
Honeybadger Auralock
I remember a while back they added a /stuck command in flying maps so that when you got stuck outside the map you could use the command to get teleported to the start of the race. I'm not sure if this command works in Quabbleball but you should try it. If it doesn't work in Quabbleball, then it should be implemented.
When I read your comment it confuses me a bit, I'm unsure if you're talking about the quabbleball map for flying or the minigame of quabbleball. I wrote down my response in how I saw it most relevant though.

With the command /back it works, with all the flying maps. But if we could add barrier blocks inside the areas in which we get stuck in the game it would avoid causing players to unfortunately not place in the position they otherwise would have and be able to finish the race.

Last edited:

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
When I read your comment it confuses me a bit, I'm unsure if you're talking about the quabbleball map for flying or the minigame of quabbleball, so I wrote down two responses in the different ways I interpreted your statement.

With the command /back it works, with all the flying maps. But if we could add barrier blocks inside the areas in which we get stuck in the game it would avoid causing players to unfortunately not place in the position they otherwise would have and be able to finish the race.
When I read your comment it confuses me a bit, I'm unsure if you're talking about the quabbleball map for flying or the minigame of quabbleball, so I wrote down two responses in the different ways I interpreted your statement.

Pretty sure he was like saying that the command its self might not work in the minigame because its one of the newer maps. Atleast that how i interpertuted it lol im probably wrong

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I agree with Evux, /back should work in this map as well as the other flying maps. However, I don't think that placing barrier blocks will necessarily solve the problem, because I believe you can still glitch through barriers with a broom unfortunately. I'm not really sure if this problem can be solved at the moment, as students often glitch through barriers in flying classes as well. Perhaps we'll see a fix at one point but I'm not sure if there's a solution at the moment.

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
I agree with Evux, /back should work in this map as well as the other flying maps. However, I don't think that placing barrier blocks will necessarily solve the problem, because I believe you can still glitch through barriers with a broom unfortunately. I'm not really sure if this problem can be solved at the moment, as students often glitch through barriers in flying classes as well. Perhaps we'll see a fix at one point but I'm not sure if there's a solution at the moment.
If you put 2 layers of barriers on the top of flying maps you cant glitch through them

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think this is an awesome idea! I've experienced it a few times, never knew about the command but either way it's very annoying cuz either way you lose. Usually, by the time you're stuck, there's no longer enough time to start over completely and finish the race.
I've seen a number of things come along in this thread I'd like to reply to.
You're lucky this hasn't happened to you, but I can assure you it happens on a regular basis, even if you're not someone to experience it. It's often either happened to me or to someone else in the game who simply couldn't finish because they were stuck on some weird spot in the map.
Pretty sure he was like saying that the command its self might not work in the minigame because its one of the newer maps. Atleast that how i interpertuted it lol im probably wrong
I sincerely doubt that's what Magma meant. The quabbleball pitch map is rather old and has been used in flying classes for a very long time, long before the flying minigame even existed.
If you put 2 layers of barriers on the top of flying maps you cant glitch through them
Sounds like a perfect solution to me.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya!

We appreciate all of the feedback that we receive and hope to take something away from all of it. We have discussed your feedback and we will look into fixing the map to prevent this type of issue. While there is no ETA, you can expect to see it fixed in the future. Thank you for the suggestion!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

As an overall update, this suggestion has now been implemented and the issue has been fixed! Once again, thank you so much for the suggestion! I will now be marking this as complete.