DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Forum Permission Updates

1716728463640.png

Hello all!

I'm sure many of you will be aware that the forums have taken a rather large beating from spam and bot accounts' posting in the last few months. Between the Wizencouncil Team, Head Staff, and myself, we've tried our best to combat this - registration has become very restrictive and crosschecks several spam-related catching services. We've had blanket bans and IP bans put in place to catch these accounts & their posts, but irrespective of our best efforts, this hasn't been enough.

To ease the pressure put on the Wizencouncil team, and to combat the spam, there will be a major change in forum permissions to prevent these bot accounts from posting. Going forward, users will be required to link their Minecraft Account with their forum account to participate in the forums.

This decision has not been made lightly, as we'd love for everyone to take part in the community regardless of whether they've managed to play on the server yet, but every other method we have attempted has had little effect on the situation.

If you've already linked your Minecraft account with your forum account, great! You've nothing to worry about as I have already updated your account. If you haven't managed to link your Minecraft account, you can get to it by running the command /link . This will then take you through the process of linking your accounts.

For users who are experiencing issues and need to submit a support ticket, or those who need to complete a ban appeal, do not fret. You can still do this as usual without having linked your account. Both of those forums are monitored and managed by a wider team and will not affect other users.

I'd like to take a quick moment as well just to thank our awesome Wizencouncil team for keeping on top of what's been happening!

If you notice anything that doesn't seem right with your permissions, please don't hesitate to reach out via a support ticket.

Last edited:

Comments