DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Gauntlet Fixes

ahsvybes

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ahsvybes
Auralock Phoenix Serpent
I just wanted to touch on some points that regard the current state of the Gauntlet. This is before talents have been released but after the nerf occurred.

Lumen bug is still active. Lumen "breaks" throughout games (mostly after you die) and when you cast it, it won't give you the night vision. It makes it difficult to see certain mobs and function throughout the game properly. Lumen Aestus also cancels out Lumen when it is used? I tried to see if this was also a thing in the World, it wasn't.

Lacerum and Contagious's nerf. With talents coming out, I know this rebalance was needed, and Lacerum is OP in dueling but Lacerum was a Gauntlet designed spell. New players are able to obtain by completing Gauntlets and ultimately, Lacerum is only a good shot in Dueling if you can make it. I don't think banning Lacerum in Dueling is a bad thing if we can get it's damage back for Gauntlets. Without Lacerum, the amount of time Gauntlet has been played has decreased so much and the amount of wins is also decreased because 1 hour isn't long enough to beat all the bosses. If rebooting Lacerum is not an option, decreasing the Boss's healths and resistance is required.

Enchantress - Specifically Magic Missile. In the last phase of Enchantress, Magic Missile is so OP. It can hit you from anywhere in the arena and with the mirror images, you can get hit with literally 4-5 at once which do an insane amount of damage. I don't know if this is fixable or we just have to live with it.

(EDIT)

Butcher - I don't know if the Butcher's cooldowns were lowered, but it for real like literally reaped FIVE TIMES in a row. Reaping is when it tags you and rips you across the arena, doing half your health. Now imagine 5 of those. In a row. Regardless, all of us died and we had to restart when it had 1 bar left. All the mobs the Butcher spawns is also invis now :D I literally don't understand what is going on anymore...

Timing - As of right now, the Gauntlet is unplayable. There is not nearly enough time to finish all 5 (4 if you exclude mini Zir) bosses and still make it by the end of the hour. Many of our runs need multiple boss replays because we die towards the very end. Our spells do no damage, mobs and bosses do too much damage, and the lag has been getting worse.

(END OF EDIT)

I hope when Talents get released some of these will get fixed, but if not, oh well. These are just things I've observed while playing. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @ahsvybes (and mostly everyone that responded),

Unfortunately we have decided to decline this suggestion. We have decided that Lacerum and Contagios will not go back to the damage they were previously, as they did an enormous amount of damage in comparison to other spells in the game. We never want a spell to be absolutely needed over others to play something, so we will not be reverting the damage nerfs of spells for the Gauntlet. However, we will continue to look into the bug where Lumen does not work in the Gauntlets. To address the Magic Missile issue: we will be evaluating the Enchantress' Health and damage and we will be looking at nerfing it in some way.

Thank you for making this suggestion!