DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Gauntlets chat hard to read

The fact the chat is gray and red is really hard to read due to all the roleplay events happening! I feel like it should be easier to navigate between gauntlets alerts and players chatting. Maybe if the player chat colour was different it'd be easier to communicate with your team.
2024-01-09_13.52.13.png

Last edited:

Deathlish

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Deathlish
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
Hi! Just putting my 2 cents in- you're able to resize the chat InGame, or maybe try downloading LabyMod, it makes things a lot more readable, and customizable for yourself. And with LabyMod, you're able to stack messages, so those will not get in your way!

Allandrk

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Allandrk
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Poltergeist
Hi! Just putting my 2 cents in- you're able to resize the chat InGame, or maybe try downloading LabyMod, it makes things a lot more readable, and customizable for yourself. And with LabyMod, you're able to stack messages, so those will not get in your way!
It's a possible solution but the colors are still make it difficult in my opinion. Maybe they could change the colors of the messages so it stands out?

Thanks for your input! I have labymod and use the anti spam thing though. :)

Aber4th

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Aber4th
My part on this:

It should be easy to read for any player, not just people with modifications to their client. I think this should be followed up on.

Greetings

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @astra and others!

Thank you very much for making this suggestion! We would love to have a bit more detail about what colour you believe would best suit the Gauntlet chat if we were to change it!

Thank you, and have a magical day!

aklokin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: aklokin
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
It could be a chat with a more brighter colour, but I still think it will get lost in it. Do we really need to know every spell they cast on us in chat? :cautious:

Hello, @astra and others!

Thank you very much for making this suggestion! We would love to have a bit more detail about what colour you believe would best suit the Gauntlet chat if we were to change it!

Thank you, and have a magical day!
Hmm, I'm not 100% sure which colour, but aklokin made a good point about knowing all the spells casted. :)

Deathlish

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Deathlish
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
It could be a chat with a more brighter colour, but I still think it will get lost in it. Do we really need to know every spell they cast on us in chat? :cautious:
You don't exactly need to know every spell that every Boss casts, just make the Spell colour white, if you really do wanna go deep into it. Because most of the time, you don't focus on the Spells that's the bosses throw at you. You mainly focus on doing damage. Unless you're someone who wants to make a guide and needs to know the Bosses Spells etc.

aklokin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: aklokin
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Nobody is paying attention to that chat what they cast on us, it’s more about story line I would say, (except something like soul bombs or something). Last time I tried to advise someone in chat, even in a private message during that fight, and that person didn't notice.

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @astra !

I am happy to tell you that this suggestion is accepted and complete! We understand that the grey names and chat colour was hard to read and have now changed it. The new chat colours are white for the username and pink for the messages. We hope this stands out more!

Thank you for making this suggestion, and have a good day!