DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Gear Trading

GG_Zeraa

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: kraaxeN
Raven
Currently, as soon as you put on a piece of gear it's permanently bound to you (to my knowledge) and cannot be given to other players. I suggest that, while I know selling gear isn't currently supported, that gear is added to the already present trading system between players in person, so you can look at each stat and how they compare to one another. Or, it could also be used from higher players to lower players in order to give them old gear rather than throwing it out or exchanging it for gold with the vendor, so it can still be put to some use. Solely suggesting for already worn gear that has been put out of use in favor of more powerful/higher stats!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
Hello GG_Zeraa!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to make a suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve the server and we appreciate you sharing your idea with us.
I will now bring up your suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist Team, so that we can discuss it and get back to you soon with a response.
Have a great day!

Grace

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Vampire SPEW
Howdy!

Your idea regarding gear trading was brought up to the Poltergeist team and unfortunately we will be declining it. We could see both positive and negative affects of allowing gear to be tradable and no longer binding, but ultimately decided against it. We want for players to be able to grind and earn gear for themselves rather than just buying it off of another person. A player with a low level could simply buy high-leveled gear off of another person and be extremely overpowered for the level that they actually are. We do not want there to be an imbalance between players and their levels because it would defeat the purpose of trying to progress higher.

Another reason on why we decided against this was because it would diminish the value of recipes greatly. Players would instead just want to buy gear off of someone else instead of purchasing or collecting recipes to then craft their own gear. We want to try and avoid affecting the market of recipes for the time being as we think that the current system for gear works well. However, this was still a great idea and we weighed out both the pros and cons to this suggestion before deciding. Thank you so much for bringing your idea to us and we hope to see more in the future! Have a wonderful day. :)