DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Give a warning before major economic changes

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I would say that is needed, even if it is a 12 hour gap from a hotfix forum post to release so people cam be able to adjust. Though personally I believe that in this specific circumstance it would not have mattered. If people knew earlier they would of just bought all the recipes earlier and then waited to sell when it eventually did release.

Last edited:

Matt Silvius

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: SLGMatt
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion!
I'll be bringing this up with the rest of the Poltergeist team and get back to you as soon as we have a decision! <3

~Matt

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Though personally I believe that in this specific circumstance it would not have mattered. If people knew earlier they would of just bought all the recipes earlier and then waited to sell when it eventually did release.
This is exactly what I was about to say. Sam Laverna would have made the same amount of money with an earlier announcement as he would just have taken those recipes before they were sellable. In my opinion, the issue at hand requires a much more complicated solution; like a sort of lock on those items on the market for a week or so.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
This is exactly what I was about to say. Sam Laverna would have made the same amount of money with an earlier announcement as he would just have taken those recipes before they were sellable. In my opinion, the issue at hand requires a much more complicated solution; like a sort of lock on those items on the market for a week or so.
100% agree. I wanted to add one more thing though. I am no member of GD but doing a shutdown of a part of the marketplace sounds complicated and does not sound easy. So now I am wondering, is something like this even worth the extra development time? I am not taking a stance because I genuinely don’t know the answer but I do believe it is worth considering the extra time the team has to take in order to prevent something like this from happening which obviously takes away from the time they would spend making more updates.
(This is coming from a guy who if the shutdown had taken place would be 1.74k richer)

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @Aviforma!

Sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience! I’d like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted, as we want to communicate with players what we will be doing in the future and for other big changes. Usually, we will not be announcing/warning for smaller adjustments just because of how little it is, but we will definitely let our players know major changes.

Have a nice day!