DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Guilds] Add a secondary guild currency related to guild gameplay

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
This is the current Guild balance and members for the top guilds right now.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

There hasn't been any specifics as to why there's a Guild bank or what the use of gold will be for guilds yet, but t's insane at how much a flex guilds have shown with how much gold they have!

Secondary currency:
  • The idea behind a secondary guild related currency is to help balance things out (hopefully) whenever guild related items - like xp boosts, expansions, cosmetics, town claiming, etc. are released.
  • This secondary currency doesn't need to equal gold values, but should be related to and earned from guild gameplay, activities, and events.
  • Essentially, the point of having this secondary guild currency is to limit richer guilds from outbuying other guilds when guild rewards are released - so a rich guild won't have everything in one day basically.
Ways to get secondary guild currency:
I can use the current Reputations system as an example. Currently, solo-players get random amounts of reputations from NPC Tasks - what if guild-players earned currency by the amount of Tasks they complete? 9 towns have reputations with 6 tasks per town making it 54 tasks which can be completed every 12 hours making it 108 task within a day. With that amount, a guild-player can earn 108 Guild Currency everyday for their guild. This guild currency combined with gold can then be used buy guild rewards.

Past examples for two currencies being used:

In the Pride event the Event Rewards NPC required two different currencies - Essence and Pride Tokens. Essence and Pride Tokens were currency from doing the daily quests and playing minigames during that event. Essence could be currency from guild gameplay whilst Pride Tokens is gold. I think the reason for Essence as a secondary currency was to slow down players from getting all of the rewards within one day - which could help stop rich guilds from outbuying other guilds too fast.

I think having some type of secondary guild currency would help balance guild competitiveness a bit if used in combination with regular gold to buy guild rewards and upgrades. As an example, just look at the Top Guild Balance and Members - The Solastrials has 21 members with the most amount of gold, but the Guild guild has 46 members and is not even ranked on the balance list. In this case, having a secondary guild currency would be beneficial to a guild that has the most active players instead of the most rich players.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
guild = bad, if you look at their players a large amount are either inactive, new, or poor.

Solastrials are made up of some of the richest and most skilled players on pw, honestly i dont mind them being #1.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hii @Somnambulist, I am here with an update.

Unfortunately, the leadership team has decided to decline this suggestion.

First and foremost, we appreciate that you suggested your idea and have elaborated on it extensively. Due to recent events, however, we, unfortunately, had to re-evaluate our priorities. Because of this, we feel that for now, it would be better to improve already existing game mechanics, work towards Systems 2.0 and work towards upgrading the server to 1.16. While we won't pursue this idea now, when we are more able to, we may revisit this idea in the future.

If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach out :).