DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Head Menu in /me

Aspasia

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Sr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order Arena Squire
Hello Wizards!

So as we all know we have a command in the game that allows us to see stats in a menu (/me is the command). So in the /me menu there is your player/mc head. Right now, it shows what year your in, what level your on, how much experience you have, what house and what prefix you have enabled. So what my suggestion is, is to add maybe so more information in the head maybe for application purposes. For example, if a player wants to apply for Class Helper they would have to wait for a response to on their application or ask someone to see how many classes they have attended. If this is possible are you guys able to add another section showing how many classes you have attended per month. For example, the month of May a player attends 130 classes and when they hover over their head in /me they can see that for the month of May. Maybe it could reset every month so they could see how many classes they have attended.

Another idea is maybe we could somehow link a way for the players to see their player record. I know right now for a lot of players they don't remember what punishment(s) they have on their record. So maybe if there's a way on the website that only the player can see their record and see if they are eligible for applying. Instead of a Head/Lead of the department saying "Thank you for you interest in applying for (position). At this point we will be declining your application because of a recent offense." I would also like to add something on about records. So currently a lot of players have gotten a strike, mute, or something on their record without being notified and going to apply for a position not knowing about a offense they have done in the past. So maybe (if this is possible) make it where the discord bot is linked to the server and if a offense on the server/website/discord happens it DMs them "Hello (player), a moderator on (platform) has (warned/mute/kicked/temp-banned/banned) you because of (reason explaining why)."

Thank you for your time and I hope you take my idea into consideration. <3

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
Hmm I get your point but I don't think this is really necessary and this is just extra work for the development team. If your application is good enough, I think the head of the department can easily look this up for the person concerned and that it will not cost too much effort, please correct me if I'm wrong. So I think this is only unnecessary work for the development team who is probably busy enough with the revelius update.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hello Wizards!

So as we all know we have a command in the game that allows us to see stats in a menu (/me is the command). So in the /me menu there is your player/mc head. Right now, it shows what year your in, what level your on, how much experience you have, what house and what prefix you have enabled. So what my suggestion is, is to add maybe so more information in the head maybe for application purposes. For example, if a player wants to apply for Class Helper they would have to wait for a response to on their application or ask someone to see how many classes they have attended. If this is possible are you guys able to add another section showing how many classes you have attended per month. For example, the month of May a player attends 130 classes and when they hover over their head in /me they can see that for the month of May. Maybe it could reset every month so they could see how many classes they have attended.

Another idea is maybe we could somehow link a way for the players to see their player record. I know right now for a lot of players they don't remember what punishment(s) they have on their record. So maybe if there's a way on the website that only the player can see their record and see if they are eligible for applying. Instead of a Head/Lead of the department saying "Thank you for you interest in applying for (position). At this point we will be declining your application because of a recent offense." I would also like to add something on about records. So currently a lot of players have gotten a strike, mute, or something on their record without being notified and going to apply for a position not knowing about a offense they have done in the past. So maybe (if this is possible) make it where the discord bot is linked to the server and if a offense on the server/website/discord happens it DMs them "Hello (player), a moderator on (platform) has (warned/mute/kicked/temp-banned/banned) you because of (reason explaining why)."

Thank you for your time and I hope you take my idea into consideration. <3
I'd love to see this! Knowing how many classes you have taken and being able to see this information before applying would be really helpful to ensure you're fully prepared. Great idea!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Allan!
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for Potterworld!
I will now share your idea with the other Poltergeists so that we can discuss it and come to a decision.
Meanwhile, have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @Alexander Le Fay,

Thank you for the suggestion. Rest assured that we always appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions given to us, as they give us ideas on how to improve the server.
Unfortunately however, we will be declining this suggestions. This is for a multitude of reasons which I will attempt to explain sufficiently and hope to suceed somewhat ;').
First of all, good behaviour and a perfect record does not guarantee suitability for a staff position, which is why adding in these stats that players can see, wouldn't really help to see how suitable you are for a certain position. These stats are also ultimately just numbers that aren't always relevant or set in stone. There is no set number of classes you have to attend to be considered for Class Helper, etc. because the Leadership Team always tries to consider the entire picture when deciding about an application. If players are serious about applying, these statistics shouldn't matter much as dedication can be shown in other ways and if they've had a declined application they will be told how to improve, and again there's no set statistics to improve, there just has to be a general improvement. If there are any questions or concerns regarding a declined application, we strongly encourage players to reach out to the relevant Leadership Team and discuss it with them,
Giving out their punishment records to players freely is not something we do, as it would likely cause issues and records aren't something we want all players to have access to. If you would like to see your punishment record, feel free to create a support ticket on the website or otherwise contact the Moderation Leadership Team.
Setting up a discord bot to DM players whenever they commit an offence would be difficult to do, because not all players have discord or have connected their discord account to their minecraft IGN and this would also give players access to their punishment record, which we'd rather avoid.
Unknowingly committing an offence is also fairly difficult, as we do try to warn players for every offence so it should be clear what the warning and possible punishment is for. Of course players can be afk or otherwise not paying attention to chat, but that's not exactly something we can control/always check, so we do strongly recommend players contact the Leadership Teams (for applications) or the Moderation Team (preferably the leads or member who gave out the warning) if ever unsure about a punishment they received.

Take care and enjoy your day!