DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Hide and Seek] Make taunting useful for Hiders against Seekers.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Taunting in Hide and Seek currently doesn't have any incentives for the Hiders in the game - although, it's useful for Seekers if they can see and hear the Hider's particles when they use a taunting sound.

Suggestion
Use an amount of taunting as a means to affect the Seekers.
Example: The amount of Hiders x 2 would equal the amount of taunts needed to affect Seekers.
Example: 10 Hiders in a game x 2 = 20 taunts needed to affect the Seekers.

The effects on the Seekers could be random such a giving them blindness for maybe 5 seconds.
The effects could be positive or negative on the Seeker, but give positive effects a lesser chance of being given.
Negative effects (chances): Blindness (90%), Nausea (90%), Slowness (90%).
Positive effects (chances): Speed (10%), Jump Boost (10%), Invisibility (5%).
I think the length of the effects could range from 5 to 10 seconds.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
There was a suggestion like a year ago about the taunts, suggesting they just increase the gold that you get if you taunt more. It's been 'On-hold' for around a year and personally I think that idea has a bit more merit to it as I think this could be a bit complicated / long-winded for new players

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Heya @Somnambulist,

As Matty mentions, there's a fairly similar suggestion that has been accepted. You can find it here. This idea is somewhat low priority, so there is no ETA on when it will be done, however, we'll also consider your ideas (giving seekers effects), but we'll mark this thread as a duplicate.

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion here. We appreciate it <3