DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

House buffs

TOMAHAWK1907

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: TOMAHAWK1907
Auralock Griffin Vampire
Each house should give a buff to certain spell types, like specialities. Raven might be better at Transfiguration as its a more difficult branch of magic, so they get a few extra points in it or something. Serpent gets curse, and so on. Seems like it might add an extra variable of fun in the play.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
i agree this would add such an amaazing addition to the game and make the houses have advantages over others! 👍👍 got my support :D

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I think this would be interesting, but it may cause a lot of issues as well. If people are really into dueling, and if this gets added and their dueling stats change, it might be catastrophic for them depending on their house and which category of magic on the spell tree they mainly use to duel. The only way to fix this would also be to buy a resort, and I don't think people would want to pay $5 to resort if this affected them.

TOMAHAWK1907

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: TOMAHAWK1907
Auralock Griffin Vampire
I think this would be interesting, but it may cause a lot of issues as well. If people are really into dueling, and if this gets added and their dueling stats change, it might be catastrophic for them depending on their house and which category of magic on the spell tree they mainly use to duel. The only way to fix this would also be to buy a resort, and I don't think people would want to pay $5 to resort if this affected them.
I understand the concern. I could see how it might pose an issue, but with how gear works in the game, I can see it being easier to balance out. Alternatively instead of houses giving bonuses to spell stats, perhaps they get a unique spell to that house. One thats useful but not game breaking. Might add a bit more variety to the game. Theres lots of ways it can go to make it work in theory. Might take a little working out is all

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hi @TOMAHAWK1907,

Thank you for this suggestion but unfortunately, it has been declined. We don't want to force players into certain playstyles depending on their house, which should be based on personality or personal preference. We also don't want to give some house advantages over other houses, since some spell types can be more helpful in certain situations. Finally, there would also be the issue of a resort token, buyable on the store, giving gameplay advantages and that is against the EULA which is not something we want to do. If we were to implement house buffs, we would have to change the store item which we have a strict policy against or remove it entirely which would remove the possibility to change houses which is not something we want to do.

We hope you understand and please reach out if you have any questions! Take care!