DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

/housing in wilderness

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
So - today I found out why /housing isn't available everywhere - turns out it cause people are cheating with macros!

Although - this is not a good fix for a bad situation. Similar to Paintings costing more so people would use less of them. If possible - my suggestion is to add code so that you can use /housing anywhere - but if you are hit (in combat) it can't be used for a 5 seconds cooldown - so it stops people tp'ing away on half a heart but doesn't make the game more arduous for the people who are playing it properly. As far as I am aware combat cooldowns are possible and have been active on Servers I have played in the past. Especially ones with PVP areas.

And to everyone who used macros to TP away on half a heart, you've made the game longer, harder and less fun for everyone else now. /Rules to find out what mods you are and are not allowed to use or go to - https://potterworldmc.com/rules/

Last edited:

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
Although - this is not a good fix for a bad situation
I think it's a great and a simple fix for this issue.

2 more cents:​
While the rules state that "Macros" under "Mods" aren't allowed, many keyboards come with programmable buttons hence they don't count under the "mods" section and aren't specifically forbidden.​
Also Minecraft stores your previous messages so if someone used /housing command before it's pretty easy and quick to press "T" hit "upper arrow" and press "Enter", making it seem like a macro was used.​

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
I like this. In fact, accessing your gear pretty much works this way, where you cannot do it right after you have taken damage.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
While the rules state that "Macros" under "Mods" aren't allowed, many keyboards come with programmable buttons hence they don't count under the "mods" section and aren't specifically forbidden.
This is a fair point - Like a mouse with more than 5 Buttons. Personally - I don't see half a heart and think "Run" - I think Fortifucus - Fervio and get back to fighting XD

Glad you both like the idea!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hiyaa!

Thank you for making this suggestion! I love seeing the ideas that people have for the server and that they are willing to share them with the community! The reason that /housing is disabled in the wilderness isn't because of people using macros. /housing can be typed quite quickly while in the wilderness without the use of macros. The reason that /housing is disabled in the wilderness is because it gives you access to unlimited portable storage. Therefore, this suggestion is being declined. This is something that we would like to avoid players having access to while out in the wilderness, as it is an easy escape route for players when fighting mobs. Having this disabled helps to get players to be conscious about the items that they keep on them and manage their inventory properly.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Having this disabled helps to get players to be conscious about the items that they keep on them and manage their inventory properly.
As a player, In my opinion, this is more annoying than consciously engaging and something that is intended to "help" only hinders. It doesn't take long to broom to a town - It's just a nuisance, seems pointless - especially when mobs drop up to 9 different drops and recipes and some of the drops only stack to 16 - I feel like some of the mechanics set to challenge people, only waste their time. All stall and no sustenance. and regarding fighting mobs just use a cooldown like mentioned. Thanks for your time in reading the suggestion though.