DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing Roleplay Suggestion

northeastprince

Magician
Minecraft IGN: northeastprince
Raven
Greetings Potterworld Poltergeists,

I have a suggestion that will revolutionize unofficial roleplay on Potterworld. Forever. So sit back, relax, and prepare to be blown away!

Before I blow you away, I want you to first imagine this: You've built this magnificent structure on your housing plot, and even better, you've planned a roleplay scenario to go along with it! But you need something. Something more. Something that would make your scenario the best it can be, Something that adds convenience and automation in the most seamless way. That's where my suggestion comes in. I would like a way to add limited plugin-like automation to housing plots, so that roleplayers can make their creations even better. I know it would take time. I know the work would be hard. But the roleplaying community needs it. And Potterworld will never be the same. (in a good way)

I hope you will consider my suggestion. Thank you for your time!

Best,
northeastprince

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
are you suggesting to let players add custom plugins to their plots bc if so yeah it's cool and i know ppl could make AMAZING things if they can make plugins themselves, but.. no.. just no - it's cool but you may as well have housing be fully creative mode at that point

northeastprince

Magician
Minecraft IGN: northeastprince
Raven
are you suggesting to let players add custom plugins to their plots bc if so yeah it's cool and i know ppl could make AMAZING things if they can make plugins themselves, but.. no.. just no - it's cool but you may as well have housing be fully creative mode at that point
No, I am not suggested that. I meant heavily limited automation features for roleplay. Nothing that would interfere with the existing system.

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
housing lag exists already, imagine having hundreds of housings all with multiple npcs, teleports etc etc. it sounds cool but probably wouldn't be done due to technical problems and just generally not making much sense (to me personally)

sewerratss

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: sewerratss
Dark Follower Raven Vampire
As Joel said, housing lag is a huge problem and this definitely isn't helping it. I don't see this being accepted, but it does sound cool.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello @northeastprince,

Unfortunately I am here to tell you that this suggestion has been declined. This suggestion has been declined for two main reasons. The first is that it would create a lot of lag at housings, which would make players housing experiences less pleasant. Secondly, this would take a lot of effort to implement, because it would have to include a lot of new systems and it would have to be tested very thoroughly to make sure it cannot be abused in any way, shape or form and we'd rather prioritize other things. Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion.

Have an amazing day/night!