DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Improving Local Chat System: Adding Region-Specific Areas on PotterworldMC

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Dear PotterworldMC Team,

I am writing to you today to express my sincere wishes for an improvement to the current local chat system on the server. As a dedicated player of PotterworldMC, I have been enjoying my time exploring the intricacies of the Wizarding World that you have created. However, I find that the current local chat system can be frustrating and limiting, especially in specific regions such as dueling halls.

Currently, the local chat system on PotterworldMC is based on a radius of 20 blocks. While this works well in most situations, it can be problematic when players are in specific regions where they need to communicate with others around them. For example, in dueling halls, it is necessary to walk up to the person you wish to talk to instead of everyone in the area hearing it but not everyone else. This can be inconvenient and disrupt gameplay.

Therefore, I would like to suggest an improvement to the local chat system by adding region-specific areas to it. This means that while in the open world, the local chat system would still be based on the radius of 20 blocks. However, in specific regions such as dueling halls, everyone in that region would be able to hear the chat, but no one else outside of the area would be able to hear it.

This improvement would greatly enhance the gameplay experience on PotterworldMC, allowing players to communicate more effectively and seamlessly with one another. It would also add a level of immersion to the game, as players would feel more connected to the specific region they are in and the people around them.

I understand that implementing this improvement may require some additional development work and resources on your end. However, I believe that it would be a worthwhile investment, as it would make the gameplay experience on PotterworldMC more enjoyable and engaging for players.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion. I look forward to seeing the improvements that you will make to the local chat system on PotterworldMC.

Sincerely,
Leyak

TL;DR -
Make chatting on PotterworldMC less annoying by adding region-specific chat areas, like dueling halls, where everyone nearby can hear you. Magic, right?

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Dear PotterworldMC Team,

I am writing to you today to express my sincere wishes for an improvement to the current local chat system on the server. As a dedicated player of PotterworldMC, I have been enjoying my time exploring the intricacies of the Wizarding World that you have created. However, I find that the current local chat system can be frustrating and limiting, especially in specific regions such as dueling halls.

Currently, the local chat system on PotterworldMC is based on a radius of 20 blocks. While this works well in most situations, it can be problematic when players are in specific regions where they need to communicate with others around them. For example, in dueling halls, it is necessary to walk up to the person you wish to talk to instead of everyone in the area hearing it but not everyone else. This can be inconvenient and disrupt gameplay.

Therefore, I would like to suggest an improvement to the local chat system by adding region-specific areas to it. This means that while in the open world, the local chat system would still be based on the radius of 20 blocks. However, in specific regions such as dueling halls, everyone in that region would be able to hear the chat, but no one else outside of the area would be able to hear it.

This improvement would greatly enhance the gameplay experience on PotterworldMC, allowing players to communicate more effectively and seamlessly with one another. It would also add a level of immersion to the game, as players would feel more connected to the specific region they are in and the people around them.

I understand that implementing this improvement may require some additional development work and resources on your end. However, I believe that it would be a worthwhile investment, as it would make the gameplay experience on PotterworldMC more enjoyable and engaging for players.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion. I look forward to seeing the improvements that you will make to the local chat system on PotterworldMC.

Sincerely,
Leyak
Where's TLTR????
Ok I read it anyway, it's good and I agree. It's annoying how i gotta walk up to someone to say something, i should be able to just shout

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
'due to tech limitations, we will not be changing the area that local chat covers.'
https://potterworldmc.com/threads/warbeck-theatre-suggestions.13740/
Dear MattyPoltergeist,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my suggestion regarding the local chat system on PotterworldMC. While I understand their point about current tech limitations, I hope that the Poltergeists, who are in charge of the suggestions on the server, will consider the future of PotterworldMC in hand.

I am aware that PotterworldMC is updating to System 2.0, which could bring new features and capabilities to the server. Therefore, I hope that the possibility of adding region-specific chat areas could be explored in the future, as this could greatly enhance the gameplay experience on PotterworldMC.

I understand that implementing such a feature may take time and resources, but I believe it would be a worthwhile investment. It would make communication more effective, add immersion to the game, and ultimately make PotterworldMC more enjoyable for all players.

Thank you again for considering my suggestion, and I hope that the Poltergeists will continue to work towards improving the server in the future, by accepting this suggestion with System 2.0 in mind.

Best regards,
Leyak

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @LiviDk !

This suggestion has been brought up before as part of another, and it's something extremely tricky for us to do across certain regions. Therefore, we are still not implementing this. You can find the thread with the suggestion here.

Regardless, thank you for bringing up the suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!