DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Increase the AC to gold ratio

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
The current AC to gold ratio is 1 AC = 10 gold
Pre Revelius that ratio was alright but after Revelius, gold lost a lot of its worth. You can spend 3 hours (yes they only took me 3 hours) doing the graduate quests and get 60,000 to 65,000 gold which is a really decent amount.

Now let's calculate how long it takes us to get 60,000 gold with classes.
On average, let's say a student gets 16 AC per class (It's usually less but let's go with 16) That's
160 gold. And let's say each class takes around 1 hour.
With some quick mental math's, (Just kidding I used a calculator) I found out that it would take you 375 hours to get the same amount of gold, assuming you get 16 ac per class and each class lasts for an hour

375 hours of playing gets you the same amount of gold as 3?
For those interested 375 hours of playing is equivalent to 15 and a half days of real time.

I understand that the primary use of AC is to give experience so that players can advance and learn new spells and earn new spell points etc...
I also understand that you need to be a graduate to do the graduate quests...

But the 1 AC to 10 gold ratio is kind of absurd and as a graduate it can sometimes discourage me from attending long classes because I don't need the XP and the gold seems too little for an hour of work.

Please note that I love attending (and helping in) all kinds of classes but seeing it from a student perspective makes me wonder why the ratio was not updated following the significant changes to the economy.

If you wanted to ask me what the new ratio should be, to be honest, I have no idea. Any increase in the ratio would be fine by me.

Would love to hear everyone's opinions below :)

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Since becoming a lvl 80 grad a few months ago I have not attended A class. Not a single one. Part of the reason is that I simply just don't need to, I have completed the big use of AC (lvling up) so I have no use for it. This is why increasing the AC to gold ratio is good and I 100% support.

One more thing though, despite how I like the idea I dislike the comparison to quests. A lot of people say quests give a crazy amount of gold for how long they take, they are right, but they are wrong to say it ONLY takes that amount of time or compare them to other gold making methods. I feel like a lot of high lvl players who have been high lvl for years forget this but on pw lvling up is a massive chore. It usually takes months for most people if they even get there. That means the 120k or whatever is not rewarded to everyone immediately. Instead it is divided up over several months for only a select handful. + almost all of it is spent on gear and brooms anyways

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW

It usually takes months for most people if they even get there. That means the 120k or whatever is not rewarded to everyone immediately.
I agree with this, as stated in my original post
I also understand that you need to be a graduate to do the graduate quests...
but I was just offering a kind of comparison because this post is mainly for graduates. (Since people under lvl 80 tend to use AC for experience).

So when it comes to putting hours of work in classes, graduates get negligible amounts of gold from AC's which can deter them from attending classes (especially classes that aren't dueling/flying)

But I definitely agree with all other points you brought up :)

Aspasia

Animorphus
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order
Sal I agree with your statement! I know it was hard for me the first few weeks/months of Revelius to actually know how to get gold without doing quests and before revelius I relied on ACs to get gold.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
high lvl for years forget this but on pw lvling up is a massive chore.
I actually recommend fighting mobs if you want to level up. My friend, Narres, actually go to level 80 approximately one month after joining! He mainly killed mobs, and if you can do this efficiently, you can level up pretty fast. I do agree with your statement though; however, it makes sense that high rewards are reserved for the later year quests. Classes are also a good XP method, but most people already do that if they are looking to level up.

I completely agree with what you are saying here. A lot changed since revelius. The 25k i worked hard for isnt worth anything anymore xD. but ive seen that new players get to lvl 30 in almost 2 or 3 days, which is incredibly fast, even without classes. I'd vote the same as Salman. Classes dont give enough gold if you compare it with the quests. it was already the less used option before revelius when it was 100 gold for each ac.

I'd like to add that mobdrops give nothing now too... 2 gold for 10 drops that are wayyyyyy harder to get then before revelius. Not sure if that was such a good idea. Centaurs give less drops, are way harder to kill now and just give 2 gold for 10 drops. Killing mobs isnt a way of getting gold anymore.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
YASSSSSSSS!!!

I'd also like to say one thing about classes:
When I first joined Potter World classes were my favorite thing. Now I've played for a while they all seem repetitive and, honestly, sometimes boring because (like I said) their mostly all the same. I believe they said classes would become more interactive but I don't think they have.

I would bother going to more classes if I get more gold out of it. I'm lvl 79 so I don't need that much AC.

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Sal, I love this idea! I'm not too good at quests, and I really need some gold, I try selling stuff but most people don't need my low level gear or items, so rasing the ac to gold ratio is a great idea! I know there are so people like me out there who can't really do quests depending on there level, or just not wanting to put in all the effort, I TOTALLY agree with this, willing to take comments! Let me know what you guys think

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello again @Salmandingo! Thank you so much for submitting this suggestion. We truly value players and staffs ideas on how to improve the server. I will be sure to bring this up with the poltergeist team and we will discuss it in more detail. I will get back to you with a response once we have reached our decision. Have a wonderful day!

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello @Salmandingo! After discussing with the poltergeists we have decided to accept your suggestion as we feel this would be very beneficial for players. An increase in the Gold/AC conversion will help encourage more players to attend classes and would overall be a positive change. However, we are unsure what the exact ratio will be at the moment, but there will be an increase. I hope to see many more suggestions from you in the future! Have a wonderful day!

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hello @Salmandingo! After discussing with the poltergeists we have decided to accept your suggestion as we feel this would be very beneficial for players. An increase in the Gold/AC conversion will help encourage more players to attend classes and would overall be a positive change. However, we are unsure what the exact ratio will be at the moment, but there will be an increase. I hope to see many more suggestions from you in the future! Have a wonderful day!
While this is great news, I was wondering: Has there been consideration into buffing minigame gold as well?

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @TallBlondeDude,

We've discussed your suggestion but we'll be declining it for now as we think they are fine for the time being and the economy might change again in the future. We understand the changes in the economy and we will revisit this at a later date but as of now, we will not be moving forward with it, as it isn't really a high priority and things could still change.