DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Invis in flying

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
So, I personally quite enjoy flying class. I do prefer theory/note-taking classes but flying is always nice.
There is an ever-present problem however.
It is almost impossible to see where you are going and avoid crashing when you are just starting out and going through the same hoop as every other person in your house, which causes many problems at the start of the course and as everyone knows the start is essential to a good run.

The beginning of the course is the part where everyone is at the same area and same speed - if you want to win, you need to pull yourself away from the crowd then. It's also the point where you can't see a thing because of how many other people there is with you - how am I meant to pull myself away from the crowd if the crowd is constantly blocking my vision?

In Wizards PE, players are made invisible to prevent this problem. So, why is it that this problem still exists in flying when we already have a solution to solve it?

To summarise: to prevent other people blocking your vision in flying, make fliers invisible like it is done in wizards PE.

HeyJared

Magician
Minecraft IGN: HeyJared
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Werewolf SPEW
I get that, there’s been dozens of times where my vision was blocked by other players and I ran into something.

I think the problem with invis is that staff needs to know which player arrives first and whether or not they are flying with the right house. When invis is applied I think that name tags or hidden so they wouldn’t know.
If there was a way to do this that includes showing the nametag it would help.

Nonetheless, I think there needs to be some type of solution that works for both parties. Especially if there are a lot of players in one particular house that obscures other players even more.

Last edited:

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I agree with @MattyPoltergeist. I don't mind having players blocking my view xD It's still fun.

It's also more realistic. If you were in the wizarding world and you were racing with your friends through hoops, you don't suddenly go invisible. As @HeyJared said, it would also be harder to tell who finished first.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Yeah, I do see your points and I can kind of avoid the big crowds all the time as Serpents tends to be the smaller house in these classes.
I still think that there should be something done about the crowds in the way - especially in more popular houses.

Kira Frogg

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KiraTheHouseElf
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Serpent Vampire Scribe Publisher
I see what you’re saying, but flying is a race and to make people invisible would make it seem less competitive. Yes I understand the big groups for houses as Griffins tend to have quite a few people flying, but this all just adds to the competitive style of flying. I suggest if having trouble seeing to practice flying as much as possible and memorize some of these maps :)

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Hello!

Thank you for putting your time in writing your suggestion, it really means a lot to us! However, we already had discussed this in the past and we had decided to not implement it. You can check the old thread by clicking here.
Thank you again!