DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

iPhone/Android Potterworld App

Archimedes Lestrange

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Morseius
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire SPEW
Another suggestion of mine is to take the normal website of Potterworld and make it into a downloadable app for IOS/Android as this would allow for easy notifications on watched threads and application notifications. As well this would allow an easier was of paying for store items and allow you to have more game related content.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
As someone who's done 5 apps with friends and published 2 and studied computer systems, no.

Mainly because it's a lot of work to polish an app. You can get a working prototype in a few days, however, making it robust and bug-free is a nightmare.

Another reason, cost.
If you want to publish an app on the Google Play store, you need to pay 29$ to register.
If you want to publish an app on the App Store, you need to pay 99$ per year.

Afaik, everything you described is doable on mobile version of the website, heck, I'm writing this on my phone. Notifications can be enabled for email, that way you get them on your phone.

One thing I'd add is a red dot on the hamburger menu with a number inside, to display unread notifications.

TLDR: Too much work/cost for little benefit

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello! @Morbius Lestrange

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve our server. I will bring this up to the staff team and send a response as soon as possible!

Have a great day!

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello! @Morbius Lestrange

At this time I am letting you know that this suggestion has been declined. It has been declined because a lot of features this app would have, are already possible on the mobile website, especially if you get e-mail notifications as well. The cost and effort of making such an app would be high, so we do not think it would be worth it and we would rather focus on other aspects. We appreciate you taking the time to submit this suggestion!

Have a great day!