DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lower Scribbilifors Cooldown

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
The Scribbilifors cooldown is negatively impacting my gameplay experience. Not only is it immersion breaking, but it's ruining the book meta. I now have to march over to my local book dispensing sign in order to receive a half-decent quantity of books, instead of being able to conjure them myself. I truly believe that this feature is dragging the Revelius update down, and I am close to quitting Potterworld because of it. I am serious.

Lizzie

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Rhines
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
And the fact that it's limited to only old players! This is obvious newer player discrimination. You see hundreds of players asking each day "Oh! How do I get Scribbilifors?" but they're unable to obtain it!

(side note, I AM joking about 'newer player discrimination', but scribbilifors is actually unobtainable rn)

Last edited:

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Have we all forgotten about the most important part here? The Revelius update flat out KILLED the sr. prefect NPC near the Great Hall meaning that this wonderful spell is now the ONLY way to come by a BOOK N QUILL because the stupid DUELING HALLS NPC that replaced the sr. prefect sure as heck isn't going to give you one.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I restarted at Revelius and if anyone knows me they know I love to write. I used and abused Scribblifors and there is absolutely no reason for it to be unobtainable when it is quite literally the only way to get a book and quill that does not involve attending classes or trekking all the way down to Diagonal Lane!

Something definitely needs to be done about this.

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Howdy!

We really appreciate your suggestion for the server and love to hear what everyone's ideas are for the server. I can understand the frustration with this and will definitely bring this up with the rest of the Poltergeist team. Once I get some more opinions and feedback on this I will let you know what decision we have come to. Thank you so much for your suggestion and have a great day!

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
Howdy!

We really appreciate your suggestion for the server and love to hear what everyone's ideas are for the server. I can understand the frustration with this and will definitely bring this up with the rest of the Poltergeist team. Once I get some more opinions and feedback on this I will let you know what decision we have come to. Thank you so much for your suggestion and have a great day!
You better

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey @Aviforma!

First off, massive apologies for such a long wait on this reply. I have brought your suggestion up with the leadership team and I am pleased to let you know that it has been accepted and already implemented! We have gone ahead and lowered the cooldown for Scribbilifors from 15 seconds to 10 seconds. The only reason we haven’t lowered it more is due to the potential trolling/spam (filling other players inventories with books) that might occur with the spell.

In addition to lowering the cooldown, we have also made this spell re-obtainable to all players. If anyone is interested in learning this spell then they can get it from the Transfiguration Professor NPC located in the Transfiguration Classroom. Thank you so much for your suggestion and we hope to see any other future ideas you may have for the server! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. :)