DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lower spell tree reset cost

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
IMO 50 ac is a bit much to reset your spell tree. If you're in a time zone where there are little to no classes then its going to be extremely difficult to reset. Even if you accidentally place 1 spell point on the wrong spell, you have to reset the whole tree. I suggest lowering it down to 10-15 ac to give players more freedom over their spells.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
The fact that gear is a key gameplay mechanic and heavily impacts how much damage you do, it can easily handicap anyone who can't afford a spell tree reset and has a gear that counter's their build before. The 50 AC price massively discourages trying out different types of builds. Honestly I see no reason for it to cost that much, do you want players to never change their spell tree? Do you want players to be waiting hours for classes just so they can continue on doing their quests?

zachmath15

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: zachmath15
Auralock Raven VIP SPEW
I agree with removing the cost completely. I think it's good to encourage people to experiment with spells and builds, and I think 50 ACs is something that will discourage people from doing this (50 ACs can be 2-5 classes worth of ACs, which can take a few days or even over a week to get). The cost is just too high and makes people less likely to want to experiment with builds and find their own play style without worrying that there will be a huge cost attached to it.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I have been selective with what spells points I use on my spell tree and it's likely due to just testing how effective a spell is and knowing that I'd have to pay 50 AC just to reset the entire thing.

Instead of resetting the entire spell tree, would it be possible to reset a specific spell with a cost of 1 AC per spell?

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Greetings Joel!
Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion for the server. It's something we really appreciate.
I will now discuss your idea with the rest of the Poltergeist Team, so that we can get back to you soon.
Have a magical day!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
IMO 50 ac is a bit much to reset your spell tree. If you're in a time zone where there are little to no classes then its going to be extremely difficult to reset. Even if you accidentally place 1 spell point on the wrong spell, you have to reset the whole tree. I suggest lowering it down to 10-15 ac to give players more freedom over their spells.
I agree. Another option would be maybe to make "remote classes" which are just a bot that spits out a previous class on an automated timer.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello there!
After discussing this idea, we have reached the conclusion that this is something we would like to do in the future. We are not sure when this will be implemented, but it is something we will look into.
We are always looking for ways to improve the server so we really appreciate all of you coming forward with suggestions and discussing them in this thread.
Thanks again and have a great day!