DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Lumen - Class NPC

BurntBananaSplt

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: BurntBananaSplt
Auralock Dark Follower Raven Vampire Werewolf
Occasionally I will find myself having a hard time seeing in class. I think if the Class Helper NPC's had to option to activate lumen it would be easier to see as magic is not enabled in class (of course) to use lumen. My room tends to get a lot of sunlight in it and I don't think I am the only one with this problem. Having the option to activate lumen in class would be super nice especially if the classroom tends to be pretty dark.

Melting floor also can get pretty dark so maybe for one of the mystery boxes you pick up it can give you night vision for 30-45 seconds.

I have also realized that unless magic is enabled, you cannot open your ender chest through the NPC so that may want to be looked into.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I really like the idea of having it available in classrooms. There are times when I've been kicked from the class for casting Lumen, and it can be really useful to have a bit of a brighter view. In melting floor, I know a few of the maps would, realistically, not have light sources, but a power-up that you could get during the game could be cool as well.

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
Hi Robert! I personally also love the idea of adding Lumen in class. However, I think that the Melting Floor night vision suggestion was also accepted here! In my opinion, it would be nice to have instead of an NPC that casts Lumen for you, maybe just an option to toggle night vision in class too when you walk up to the Class Helper NPC?

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
Hi Robert! I personally also love the idea of adding Lumen in class. However, I think that the Melting Floor night vision suggestion was also accepted here! In my opinion, it would be nice to have instead of an NPC that casts Lumen for you, maybe just an option to toggle night vision in class too when you walk up to the Class Helper NPC?
THATS MY SUGGEHSITON AMXYMOOS OKMGKGOK MGOLGMKL

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
Okay so I've suggested this previously and yes that seems like a wonderful idea!!! obviously, I'm for this idea!! This server does very well with its ambiance and for me, I can't see anywhere I think having the lumen available from the class helper NPC would be amazing as well as added in melting floor ( thank merlin it's been accepted there ) but it would be amazing if it could ALSO be accepted and added in classes as I also can see myself squinting at students. This is a great idea & I really hope this is taken into consideration! Great idea!

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Good day @BurntBananaSplt!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! And a thank you to everyone who has responded already, your feedback is much appreciated as we are always on the lookout to make our server a better place!

With that being said, I will now forward your suggestion to my fellow Poltergeists to get additional feedback on if we are to implement this or not. I will get back to you here so be on the lookout for future notifications from this thread!

Once again thank you for your suggestion, take care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate

Mekala

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Mekala_
Honeybadger Auralock
Hiya @BurntBananaSplt!

Thanks so much for being so patient when waiting for a response to your thread! I'm here to inform you about the decision that was made regarding your suggestions.

For the first part of the suggestion, we will not be adding an NPC that gives lumen in classes. This is because most classes should have enough lighting, and if they do not, we can look into adding more lighting to certain classes that require it. If there are any that specifically come to mind, please feel free to let us know. There also might be classes that are low on lighting on purpose.

For the second part, this has been suggested before and can be seen as completed here.

For the third part, we like this idea and we are currently working on a way to implement this in classes. This will be toggleable for professors and we hope to have this ready to use in classes soon.
As the lumen suggestion is the main focus of this post, this thread will be marked as declined.

Thanks so much once again! Take care and have a fantastic day!