DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Magical Dropper for an Event or Quest

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
In the Summer Beach Party 2021 event, there was a parkour called Poseidon's Treasure Magical Parkour. In this parkour, players had to click or cast on something for the parkour blocks to appear and start moving around. These blocks weren't stationary, but appeared and disappeared after a few seconds.

Suggestion is to create a Magical Dropper variant using the mechanics found in the Poseidon's Magical Parkour.
  • The blocks would likely have to move around automatically instead of having to have the player start it.
  • The blocks could move maybe every 5 seconds or more to minimize lag.
  • If lag was an issue, would it be possible to have 1 to 3 different sections in the dropper that moves around? Each section would consist of 5 layers of moving blocks. There could be a mix of stationary and moveable blocks. Or maybe just have the lowest section of the dropper have blocks that move?
  • Have the water block at the bottom be five blocks like a + sign instead of just one single block so players don't get as frustrated if it's hard to do.
I'm unsure what type of theme this dropper could be, but maybe imagine those futuristic movies with flying cars? Could be related to dropping through space and avoiding asteroids. Maybe it could be related to that scene in Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 with the Battle of the Seven Potters that flew over England - the moving blocks can be the Death Eaters.

Why should this be made? For fun? I think it would be cool if the blocks in a dropper weren't stationary and moved around so the dropper would be different each time, plus I just remembered that Magical Parkour so I wondered if the same mechanics can be used in a dropper.

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @Somnambulist !

Thank you for creating this suggestion! I do think implementing something like this would be difficult tech-wise, but that will not stop me from bringing it up to my fellow Poltergeists. We will discuss this and give our own opinions on it, and once we've received a decision, I will make sure to update you on this thread, so definitely keep an eye on it!

Thank you once again for suggesting this and I hope you have a great day!!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @Somnambulist !

Unfortunately, we will not be implementing this suggestion. We are afraid it might cause a lot of issues with lag, which could make this potential dropper very frustrating to play. We also don't think it would be very popular among the players, as it would be an extremely difficult minigame addition.

I'd still like to thank you again for making this suggestion because we do always appreciate the ideas and feedback we get! Even though the suggestion has sadly been declined, I hope you still have an amazing day!