DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Magical Medicine Profession

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Strale_Varulv
Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer SPEW Game Designer
After making Magizoology Profession, you should make this one. I saw Vertic Alley Hospital and I decided to make a Suggestion.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
While I think this would be really cool, a lot of work has already gone into the Magical Creatures update and it would be a while if staff ever implemented this.

Pumpkin

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Pummpkin_
Dark Follower Raven
Just wanted to say, it would've been better to describe some things about what you would do. As sometimes they may now know how to do it so just saying a bit of what it will be like. But cool idea!

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
Well, as new Profession System will be based on quests too, what if there are special quests where you need to do operations. It can be like system on the end of the Butterbrew Event, to must click different things around Operation Room. This thing is maybe better for higher levels. For starters, you must help to kids. In middle, like level 20, you can be Stomatologist.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Well, as new Profession System will be based on quests too, what if there are special quests where you need to do operations. It can be like system on the end of the Butterbrew Event, to must click different things around Operation Room. This thing is maybe better for higher levels. For starters, you must help to kids. In middle, like level 20, you can be Stomatologist.
Gonna be honest here, this isn't really canon, since in the Wizarding World we have a whole different variety of diseases

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
I am not here to make Profession. That is GD Team's job. Especially Lore Keepers. I am here to suggest it. <3

aaron ♡

Animorphus
I am not here to make Profession. That is GD Team's job. Especially Lore Keepers. I am here to suggest it. <3
Little confused here. You make a suggestion, suggest ideas for how it would work (GD needs an idea if they want to consider something, which you specified). I just find it strange that when you suggest something, you need to show examples of how think it should work or propose something, but you gotta give the Game Design team a little room to start brainstorming. I'm not saying this profession is a bad idea, I think it's pretty cool (as I am an aspiring medical student) - but you need to show an example of how you think it should work (in your eyes), but we gotta make sure it's canon as well.

Strale_Spaski

Notable Magician
Staff
1st Level, getting job (speaking to director NPC and passing interview quiz)
2nd-10th Level Pathology problems. Kids with flu, headache, virus and other things. 11th-20th Stomatologist Part. Different Teeth Problems.
21th-30th Surgery Part. Different easier Operations.
31st-35th Urgent Situations Part. Operations but much harder.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
1st Level, getting job (speaking to director NPC and passing interview quiz)
2nd-10th Level Pathology problems. Kids with flu, headache, virus and other things. 11th-20th Stomatologist Part. Different Teeth Problems.
21th-30th Surgery Part. Different easier Operations.
31st-35th Urgent Situations Part. Operations but much harder.
going back to my original point, perhaps like making a cure (using all three professions) for boils, or an elixir that cures a Wizarding World disease.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
Hi, just wanted to share my thoughts as a member of the unspeakable team and former medical magic professor. I’m in no means part of higher ranking staff’s decision on this, these are just my thoughts.

From an implementation standpoint, it would be difficult to make medical magic different from other professions. In lore, wizards do not use surgeries or medical procedures to treat illness or injury. Instead, they use spells, herbs, and potions for all healing needs. Herbs fall under the herbology profession. Potions fall under the potion profession. This leaves only healing spells left, which are unlocked through the leveling system. Even if these spells were removed from the leveling system and unlocked through the medical magic profession (which would come with its own balance issues), using these spells on an npc or something to level up would be as simple as clicking your wand to cast the spell- which is not ideal.

Overall, medical magic will already be integrated into other professions and there is no clear gameplay for it. I agree that having interactive medical magic activities sounds super fun, though maybe it’s best to leave it to class design and medical magic class. It could potentially fit into quests as well, but again, professions I’m just not so sure about.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hello @Strale_Spaski! Unfortunately, we will not be implementing your idea after carefully considering it.

It takes so many things and effort to create a completely new profession. Almost everything in the Wizarding World is done with the use of spells/potions, and other magical means, thus, this idea would not fit well or be consistent with canon. Thank you for your idea, though! All feedback means so much to us. 💙