DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Magus Valley Broom Flying Time Trial [1st June - 30th June]

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW

The time has arrived for the Magus Valley Broom Flying Time Trial! I've been hard at work this week preparing the track that will see us into the first season of the Time Trial and it's an absolute treat to be able to bring it to you all this month! From 1st June 2020 to 30th June 2020 I will be timing your speed runs on the course - The three people with the fastest laps at the end of the month, will win Gold from the prize pool!

1st Place - 2500 Gold
And a House Trophy worth 2000 Gold
2nd Place - 1000 Gold
3rd Place - 250 Gold

You're more than welcome to have as many practice runs as you want @
/Housing Quabble_Pitch

Top 25 Rankings
(Updated as of 03/06/2020 05:36am GMT)

Rules

1. All runs must be timed by Joe_Magus for them to be considered in the competition
  2. You may have as many runs as you want if you would like to improve your score, but keep in mind - every timed run will cost an entry fee of 10 Gold.
  3. You can use any broom - But I highly recommend a Class Broom or Meteor 5000 in your timed run. The Fireflash is definitely one to avoid using. (Class Broom can be provided, Please return after use)
  4. Cutting out of obstacles will result in an immediate disqualification of that entry, You may re-enter for 10 Gold.
  5. The use of spells is strictly prohibited on timed runs and will result in disqualification of the attempt.
  6. Setting of before go will result in a False Start. Two False Starts will result in a failed attempt and disqualification of that entry.
  7. If you crash whilst on a timed run, the attempt still counts. Don't be disheartened - Jump back onto your broom and finish the lap!
  8. When spectating please respect people who are having timed runs - If Joe_Magus calls out to clear the track - please do so to avoid getting kicked from the plot.
  9. Should you at any point get stuck in the course, Send me a message directly - we'll get you out and you may retake your attempt.
  10. Most of all, I've put a lot of work into this and my only aim is to make something (in addition to everything else) fun for people to do on the server. Please be respectful of myself and anyone I may have helping me on the Time Trial - and Have Fun!:)
The Track

This is the most exciting part for me, Showing you all the track that I have created with the aim of testing the speed and manoeuvrability of your broom flying skills. The track is a 2-level course with a total of 9 corners and various obstacles. Natural obstacles, such as Bushes and Tree roots like the ones found on Sunflower Strip or Whitfield Bends and also Man-made obstacles such as Underside or the notorious Tight Squeeze.

The Starting Line and Drop-Off Point
When preparing to start, you will take your place on the Red Block in the centre of The Starting Line - When both Joe and Yourself are ready and checks have been made, you will take off and the timer will begin. The first manoeuvre is a decent off of Drop-Off Point and turning right into Cave.

Cave and Tight Squeeze
The entrance into Cave is a short gap but skilled broom flyers will find it no problem, turning into Cave you will have to avoid any possible boulders as you make a right turn towards Tight Squeeze, In my opinion the most difficult obstacle on the track, this 2x2 wide gap continues down a tunnel and then round a 90 degree right hand turn, all whilst the rings of lanterns aim to disorientate you before you head into Cave 2. This obstacle will make or break your lap time, although easy when taking it slow, this obstacle can be taken at full speed (Class Broom) and is sure to set the Best Times apart from the rest.

Sunflower Strip and Sycamore Corner
Upon exiting Cave 2 you will make a right-hand turn onto Sunflower Strip and down to back of the spectator stands. Along here you will find various obstacles to test the speed of your altitude manoeuvring. After making your final manoeuvre, you will need to quickly compose yourself for a sharp hair-pin bend around Sycamore Corner and towards Underside.

Underside and Whitfield Bends
After manoeuvring around the Sycamore Tree, you will need to quickly drop altitude to get underneath the spectator stand weaving around the various support beams and through Underside. Once out you will star to make your way back up to the second level and up Whitfield Bends - here you will need to stay aware of the sharp turns and the overgrown tree cover.

Bumpy Hedges and The Finish Line
Your final obstacle of the course will be Bumpy Hedges, another test of how well you can manoeuvre between altitudes, once through the last obstacle a right-hand turn will see you towards The Finish Line, when finishing, don't stop at the line, please fly full speed past the line as to not negatively affect your score!

Practising and Spectating
As mentioned previously in the post, Everyone is more than welcome to join in - whether it be, competing, spectating or just trying out the track for yourselves, but please do remember to be respectful of people who are taking their timed runs! If I call out to clear the track, please move to one side and let the Competitor run their lap! Once they have passed you can get straight back to flying!

Broom Donations
At the moment I have got a small amount of Class Brooms stored for the competition, but I am not confident it will be enough! Any Class Broom donations will be greatly appreciated and in return you will get some free timed runs on the course, based on size of donation!
To Donate - with
/mail Jrwallzy with the brooms or /pm Jrwallzy if I am online and I will come and grab them from you!

The Future of Magus Valley Time Trial
I have been calling the first competition Season One, with the idea that I would like to continue the competition on a monthly basis, possibly altering small parts of the track. This will be based purely on the turn-out for the first month and feedback from everyone on the server, so please do let me know what you think of the competition throughout the month and I really I hope you enjoy it!

See you on the Track,
Joe_Magus
(A.K.A Jrwallzy)

Last edited: