DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

make a marketplace item's worth based on what it sold for previously

change the way the average price is calculated

• yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
to my knowledge, right now an items worth is an average of what it is selling for currently but that isn't accurate. if an item is sold for what it's worth or less than what it's worth, it wont be included in the value. but if an item is overpriced it will most likely not be bought and always stay in the calculation. that means the average value is probably always going to be overpriced.

i suggest that the average price of marketplace items should be calculated by what it was previously sold for. it would be more accurate and helpful for everyone selling and buying stuff on the marketplace. i know this wont be full proof, but its still better than what we currently have.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
In my experience I have met so many people who are selling something which is obviously WAY over priced because the market average price is based off one other person who made an over judgment.

It can also cause a domino effect in the pricing; one person makes an item overpriced then the next player does the same, and the next, and the next, and soon the price has become a consensus even outside the shopkeeper when no one will pay it, causing dissatisfaction on both sides.

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hello!

Thank you so much for your suggestion. There has actually already been a suggestion just like this one brought up already here. We completely understand the frustrations and inaccuracy for the average prices and therefore we have accepted that suggestion. However, we are unsure when we will be able to implement it.

I am going to go ahead and mark this thread as a duplicate, but thank you so much for bringing it up to us anyways! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!