DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make all robes unbreakable

Arkarium

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Arkarium
Honeybadger Auralock Phoenix
Hello, this is a fairly short suggestion but I think all robes/armor on the server should be made unbreakable. I am aware that student robes are already indestructable (or at least the brown ones), but DF robes are not. (I haven't tested out Auror/Phoenix robes if they even exist). Since gear is a thing now, I have noticed many players wearing armor for fashionable purposes (myself included), and I really like the DF robes aesthetic. Unfortunately they break within 6 hits from the pixies in front of Borkin & Brambles at the high price of 500G per set!
Thank you for reading, I apologize for the short thread, but I didn't want to report this as a bug in case it was intentional.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hmm, difficult. Since the introduction of gear, allegiance armor that is bought with gold indeed doesn't influence mob dueling a lot, or at all, for that matter. I agree that it seems absurd to have to pay 500G for a robe set that breaks extremely quickly with the current mob system, because even repairing gear isn't nearly as expensive as that and does a lot more to how you fight mobs.

At the same time, allegiance robes that are unbreakable already exist: in the store. I think making these gold-bought armor unbreakable kinda defeats the purpose of having unbreakable robes in the store. It also wouldn't be fair to the people who bought the unbreakable robes from the store in the past, while now (that is to say, after your suggestion is accepted, if it even is accepted) they would be able to purchase those same robes with gold.

So all in all I understand your suggestion and I understand where it's coming from, but I simply don't agree. Personally I think the issue that you put forward here would be "fixed" if the prices of the breakable allegiance armors were decreased and perhaps the armor items could have some sort of warning that they break easily when used in mob fights.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
The reason the DF, Phoenix, and Aurorlock robes are breakable is to encourage players to buy the packages on the pw store.

Also I kind of like how the unbreakable house robes are a rare collectible. Idk maybe it is just me because I have spent like 40ishk on getting the 2015 unbreakable house scarves but it is a little unfair to introduce unbreakable robes for players like me who have sunk thousands of gold on them as collectibles.

There used to be a purchasable brown unbreakable house set years ago and since the new regular Revelius robes have released they are kind of pointless as collectibles, I don't want the same to happen to other robes.

Last edited:

Arkarium

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Arkarium
Honeybadger Auralock Phoenix
I never really paid any attention to the allegiance packages due to it's high price, so I had no idea that there were donor exclusive robes, thank you! However, I think paying 40-50 dollars just to get unbreakable robes is a bit.. much. Instead, maybe there could be a robes section in the store to purchase specific allegiance robes, similar to how allegiance wands/prefix are separated from the entire package?

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I totally agree. If they'd make decisions based on current and future player base I think they'd see that should have been the case from the start. Most of the reasons they don't do things would be "it's unfair to players who didn't get to benefit from this idea" because it'd be too much work for them to compensate people for their original poor execution. Not just with this topic, but across the board. So I wouldn't get my hopes up but I love the suggestion!

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello Arkarium. Thank you so much for submitting this suggestion. We are always looking for ways to improve the server. We truly value players such as yourself coming forward with your ideas and suggestions. I will bring your idea up with the other poltergeists and get back to you with a response after we have reached a decision. Have a wonderful day!

Aspasia

Animorphus
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: ShatterdHeart
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Builder SPEW Drooble's Order
I hope this suggestion/feedback gets approved because gear right now is pricy and crazy with stats.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
We really appreciated your suggestion regarding gear, but unfortunately we will be declining this. We believe that having breakable gear is necessary due to the challenge and difficulty it brings in the gameplay. Players need to be more cautious when going into a fight and by having gear breakable it adds a sense of strategy.

We really do understand the frustration of having to spend a lot of money fixing gear. However, quests provide a ton of money once completed and the cost for repair is not as bad.
wut? I did not like this suggestion but I am more then a little confused by this response. Gear and armor are separate things. Gear is all stats with no visual and armor is all cosmetic with no stats (I think). The suggestion was about making armor (not gear) unbreakable so why would you be addressing gear in your post? Am I missing something obvious?

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
wut? I did not like this suggestion but I am more then a little confused by this response. Gear and armor are separate things. Gear is all stats with no visual and armor is all cosmetic with no stats (I think). The suggestion was about making armor (not gear) unbreakable so why would you be addressing gear in your post? Am I missing something obvious?
Exactly! (I was gonna mention the same thing last night but it was so late that I thought it must've been me missing something obvious, I'm glad someone else felt the same type of confusion...)

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Heya!
Exactly! (I was gonna mention the same thing last night but it was so late that I thought it must've been me missing something obvious, I'm glad someone else felt the same type of confusion...)
So sorry about this! There was some miscommunication on our end about the actual thread. We are quickly bringing this back up and will reply as soon as possible with the decision for what the thread is actually talking about!

Grace

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: PinkWeezie
Honeybadger Auralock Staff Vampire Wizencouncil SPEW Lead Scribe Lead
Hey again!

Massive apologies for this mixup on our behalf. We have brought this idea back up with the rest of the team the way the post was originally supposed to be interpreted as. I'm really pleased to let you know that we have decided to accept this suggestion! We definitely understand the frustrations with robes losing durability and having to pay massive amounts of gold to repair them. Since robes are just a cosmetic item and do not really provide any sort of advantage besides the appearance of a player, we find that it would be a positive change for robes to be unbreakable.

Again, so sorry for the misunderstanding on our part and we will definitely try to prevent this from occurring again in the future! Please feel free to create more threads to let us know any other ideas you have for the server. Hope you have a wonderful day! :)