DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make Room 243-00 the event npc room

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Since it has been abandoned and the voting npc has been moved to the trophy room, this poor lonely room serves no purpose. Perhaps have all future event npcs be placed here because from what Im seeing with the few past events, its hard to decide where placing the npc is most appropriate. halloween event was at the head staff table, winter event was courtyard and now the valentines event is in the great hall spawn. Moving it to this abandoned room could bring it a use again and solve the crisis of where to put event npcs

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree that they need to figure out a proper permanent spot just for event npcs since, as you noted, the previous event npcs were placed in different locations. Maybe they could collect data on how many times each event npc has been clicked to see which one has the most interactions to figure out the ideal location?

I would disagree on putting that event npc in room 243-00 though, because when the vote npc was previously there, new players would often ask where it was and how to get there, with a few getting lost and confused. Of course, it would be nice to see room 243-00 used for something useful, perhaps something related to year 5+ players or graduates - professions or long range quests? Or maybe put the Sneaky Student in there that sells stuff?

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I'm not sure it would be obvious enough there though, since people used to have so much trouble finding it, it seems like people would struggle to find events. I personally like the current one of having the NPC near the Great Hall entrance so it's hard to miss, especially since the 'in-game store' is now where the Winter Waltz NPC was

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
I agree that event NPCs need an official place and maybe this could be it. But I can see younger students struggling to find where the NPC is. Honestly idk but I do agree that event-related NPCs and other NPCs need an official place.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Joel Crestello!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on creating this suggestion! However, we will unfortunately be declining your suggestion. As mentioned previously in the thread responses, when the voting rewards NPC was in this location, players would get confused as to how they could get to that room. Additionally, as stated in this thread here, having the event NPC that isn't somewhere in the open might mean that players miss it. From the response to that thread, we want to keep the event NPC somewhere in the Great Hall Courtyard/Foyer, so that it's easy to find and putting it in a rememberable location. Regardless of this, we hope that you continue to create more suggestions and share them with us!

Have a wonderful day!