DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Make special anniversary effects avalible also for losing schools

BlagdenCZ

Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: BlagdenCZ
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW Drooble's Order Linked
Hi!
There is special Anniversary wand particle effect given to players from school which wins the School Spirit competition in 10th year Anniversary event which means that players from other 6 schools will get nothing.
I suggest to make it like in one of the butterbrew festivals where winning company got it for free while other companies had to buy it for some amount of event currency. You can create some other requirements too like for example minimal level of school spirit contributed to your school.
This doesn't change amount of grinding players are meant to do if the requirements are set right. The butterbrew festival was also grindy because of the reward but in the end everyone was happy with the trophy.
We won't be able to have that because you can't purchase wand particle effects from other players like you would be theoretically able to if it was collectible.

Thanks for consideration.
BlagdenCZ

EDIT:
Ozz's alternative suggestion here: https://potterworldmc.com/threads/16406/post-97557

Last edited:

ThatPreston

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ThatPreston
Honeybadger Dark Follower Linked
Support. Haven't played in a long time and came back for the anniversary but I am disappointed to see the effect is only for the winning school. To make matters worse I only received invites for two random schools which might not even win. (and they are 2 I wouldn't have chosen anyway lol)

BlagdenCZ

Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: BlagdenCZ
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW Drooble's Order Linked
An alternate suggestion. Everyone gets particles but the winning school determines the particle color so there is still some benefit to a competition
Yeah, that could work too. There are many ways to go around it to make it competetive while still making it achievable for all players.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Linked
Idk, I feel like particles are such a minor reward, I dont see it being an issue as a small exclusive reward for winners. But then the houses that we get are quite random, so in that sense its a bit weird.

Athena (Dismana)

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Dismana
Auralock Phoenix Raven Linked
I'm in a split with this suggestion, if you change the rules for one part of it - people's priorities change.

There's a part of me that likes to share the particles among all the schools, and a part of me that then says well then people try to get a school where they can aim to get the droobledoll instead.

So I agree with Ivan that it's a minor exclusive reward, but yet I feel then people might not care as much to contribute to their school rather than try to get a first of their own school being more of a competition where the schools are against themselves rather than schools against the other schools.

If the particle effect should be shared, I think some other exclusive reward should take its place like a Tri-Wizarding Cup with a cool effect when right-clicked, the winners should have something exclusive to their team, much like tournaments give rewards.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I do think it would need some tweaking to it.

Best Hopes with the post
-Athena <3

littledead

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: littledead
Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf DD Editor Sr. Poltergeist Linked
Hello @BlagdenCZ and everyone else who responded to this thread,

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion and thank you to everyone who gave their opinions! Ultimately we have decided to decline this suggestion for a few reasons. From the beginning, there was a plan to give something to the winning school, otherwise there is not much incentive to try, other than to try to beat out the rest of your team for the Droobledoll Hat. There had to be an incentive of teamwork within your team, rather than completely trying to beat everyone else in your team.

The first plan was to have a collectable reward, but because this would cause frustration for the many collectors on our server, we ultimately decided against it.

Similar to the Droobledoll Hat, the particle effect is just a cosmetic item. As such, it is something that we can, and likely will, bring back in future Anniversary events as a limited reward (similar to the Droobledoll Hat again). While it likely won't ever be a purchasable exclusive cosmetic, it will be more attainable than the Droobledoll Hat at future events!

Nevertheless, thank you again for leaving this suggestion and to everyone who contributed to the thread, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Linked
Hello @BlagdenCZ and everyone else who responded to this thread,

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion and thank you to everyone who gave their opinions! Ultimately we have decided to decline this suggestion for a few reasons. From the beginning, there was a plan to give something to the winning school, otherwise there is not much incentive to try, other than to try to beat out the rest of your team for the Droobledoll Hat. There had to be an incentive of teamwork within your team, rather than completely trying to beat everyone else in your team.

The first plan was to have a collectable reward, but because this would cause frustration for the many collectors on our server, we ultimately decided against it.

Similar to the Droobledoll Hat, the particle effect is just a cosmetic item. As such, it is something that we can, and likely will, bring back in future Anniversary events as a limited reward (similar to the Droobledoll Hat again). While it likely won't ever be a purchasable exclusive cosmetic, it will be more attainable than the Droobledoll Hat at future events!

Nevertheless, thank you again for leaving this suggestion and to everyone who contributed to the thread, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

While I agree with this choice, there really isn't any teamwork happening within schools largely because there is no gameplay mechanism to allow teamwork. There is no queueing together in minigames, doing chest runs, or teaming for challenges. It's just sorta all individual competition and I think thats why it might rub some people the wrong way.