DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Map Voting

Mythological

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MythicWoods
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hi!

So, with the addition of the Pride Event, which is so amazing thank you to everyone who worked on it. There was two additional maps added to Hide and Seek. I don't know if any other maps were added to any other games or not, but this can work for all games.

While in queue for Hide and Seek, a lot of us were trying to get the Pride maps, because we really wanted to see them and show appreciation towards them. But, it took us about 10 whole tries to even be able to get the Pride Maps. During this time, we had back to back maps that were the exact same map of the last round we had played, it really wasn't all that fun replaying the exact same map again. I totally get that it is randomized, but I really wish there was a way that we the players could actually vote for maps.

So, that is my suggestion. Is there a way that we can implement a way to vote for maps? That way we can play maps that fit the amount of people playing, or play maps that we haven't had the chance to see yet! I want to appreciate all the work that goes into the maps, but I just can't pay 10 rounds of Hide and Seek with repeating maps. I really think this can go towards any game that has different maps. Example being Flying, I know there are a couple of flying maps- along with Melting Floor too.

I really hope that this goes into consideration, and I appreciate all you guys do for the server. I think this would be a great addition to games.

Thank you!

-MythicWoods

nyxxxz_

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nyxxxz_
Griffin Vampire SPEW
I totally agree!! This would be a great thing to add so we don't have to play the same maps back-to-back and can have some variety as well as play what we want!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Just yesterday there was a big group of players queuing up for hide and seek waiting to play on the new pride maps - one player managed to queue up to 50+ times until a pride map showed up! We all noticed that there were times when a map was played around 5 times in a row - this happened often and really got tiring to see. Then there was a time when two maps just alternated with each other for quite awhile too.

I agree that there has to be a way to play a map without it showing up the next round or two, but I'm unsure about player's voting for maps unless that's the only option because players may end up doing the same map over and over - unless devs figure out a way to not show the previous map in the next voting map queue. If they could figure out a way to automatically remove the previous map from the next three hide and seek rounds, then that would be nice!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Mythological!

A similar suggestion was brought up for Hide and Seek and is still under review which you can find here. However, will taking your suggestion about the event maps into consideration! For the Flying and Melting Floor minigames, there was a previous thread brought up which suggested implementing a voting system for those minigames, which was declined. You can find the reasoning as to why here.

Regardless, thank you for making this suggestion, we really appreciate it! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: