DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Melting Floor] Increase Player Speed Every Minute

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I noticed that in larger melting floor maps, where there are only four players, the game will eventually take quite awhile to end due to how certain players navigate around each level. There are players that jump on every block to slowly "melt" the floor, players that avoid each other, then players that jump or sprint around randomly. The players that slowly melt and avoid each other tend to make the game longer, which is fine and strategic, but not so much for the players that ended up falling through earlier.

The overall idea is to increase the difficulty of melting floor as the game progresses. Each player would get their speed increased after every minute that passes regardless of how many players are still active. I know that there's a chance of receiving a speed potion, but maybe that could be removed from those random item blocks?

I think melting should be competitive where players can try to cut through another player and let them fall through instead of having players slowly melt blocks or avoid each other.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think it's fine how it is tbf - MF is a really fun game I think, and it doesn't take that long. There are rounds where it's longer than others, but I find it more fun the longer it lasts as you know somebody's going to fail soon xD

Feyre

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: CruelDuarte
Dark Follower Griffin SPEW
I think its fine as it is, some maps are small, either it doesn't have many floors or each level isn't that big. Adding speed would make everyone die faster but I wouldn't say it would make it more competitive. But I wouldn't mind to see some change implemented to make the game more "aggressive" among players.

Queeeni

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: morrgannn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello! @Psycho,

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We are always looking for ways to improve our server. I will bring this up with the staff team and send a response as soon as possible.

Have an amazing day!

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
ngl i feel like this would make it kinda unfair to the people who play w higher fov, after a while not only are they gonna start dropping frames but it's going to be nearly impossible to play for the average player

NotDetroit

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ditruuit
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
no lmao, i mean cool the idea is ok but no lol. I mean I know its long but its easy to cut people off doing that strategy, I still think there should be a deathmatch or something if it gets to 10m because basing winner on a y level is dumb imo

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
no lmao, i mean cool the idea is ok but no lol. I mean I know its long but its easy to cut people off doing that strategy, I still think there should be a deathmatch or something if it gets to 10m because basing winner on a y level is dumb imo
if they did a deathmatch they wud have to make the arena size like tiny, maybe like 1 of clock cause obviously the point of the time is to make it so it doesnt last forever (especially for the people who wait like ages for the minigame tokens) but then again idk what person wud wait tjat long and it happens so infrequently anyway, i think how they have it now is fine but i do agree that deathmatch is a better than speed

Lilian

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: Liyl
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
honestly i think the biggest problems w melting floor are 1 the lighting and 2 the fact that there isn't a delay to when blocks decay. Most games don't take more than 2-3 minutes seeing as you need 2 GOOD players who play more defensively for the game to stall

NotDetroit

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ditruuit
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
if they did a deathmatch they wud have to make the arena size like tiny, maybe like 1 of clock cause obviously the point of the time is to make it so it doesnt last forever (especially for the people who wait like ages for the minigame tokens) but then again idk what person wud wait tjat long and it happens so infrequently anyway, i think how they have it now is fine but i do agree that deathmatch is a better than speed
I agree that it may be annoying for other players to wait but waiting for 10 minutes for a game to end just for it to draw is just as or even more infuriating, there probably is an easier way to determine a winner but idk or just give the people who drew a win so it doesnt mean nothing when you play a game for 10m

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Good day @Psycho!

Once again thank you for bringing your suggestion to the threads! As we are always on the lookout to improve our server, your feedback is much appreciated!

Your idea has been brought to the team, and we have unfortunately made the decision to decline your suggestion at this time. We feel the majority of players would not enjoy this especially for those who have bad lag/ping.

Melting Floor is already quite competitive and we believe increasing the speed would not be overall beneficial. In addition, the game usually doesn't end in draws or last for the full 10 minutes. With that being said, it could cause the game to go faster thus making it not as enjoyable.

Regardless, we are super appreciative of you bringing your idea to the forums. Take good care of yourself! <3

Kind wishes,
Cate