DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Mini-Game Suggestion: Target Practice

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hello everyone! Just had an idea for a potential new minigame or game that could be made available within the elevator of the ministry. The concept would be a target practice mini-game that could either be a competition against others in a sort of multi-player Legend of Zelda Bazzar game kind of thing or a solo experience that you're able to play on your own.

There could be NPCs or just some kind of practice dummy that look like the Dumbledore's Army guys for lore. Where you hit them affects the score, and you could even teach spell combinations by having the name of a spell flash across the screen where they have to use the certain spell for that round.

This is just a general concept, but if there is some interest here I'd be happy to elaborate out the idea and give me context to how it could work.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
I don't know about you guys, but getting the targeting on spells has taken some time for me with the way they work. Different spells seem to have different ranges and all kinds of things as well so it would be a teaching experience as well as a fun game to challenge yourself.

Posie Cherie

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Annatastic
Dark Follower Raven
I support this, I really believe that the idea of this game can really help players who struggle with aiming certain spells such as myself. this will be great for new players who do not know how to duel as it'll be a good starter tool for them! therefore, not only will the outcome be good aiming skills but it can let the player know what the good and bad spells are for them are and introduce them to new spells they've never used before.

Thank you for this wonderful suggestion :D

Last edited:

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
I support this, I really believe that the idea of this game can really help players who struggle with aiming certain spells such as myself. this will be great for new players who do not know how to duel as it'll be a good starter tool for them! therefore, not only will the outcome be good aiming skills but it can let the player know what the good and bad spells are for them are and introduce them to new spells they've never used before.

Thank you for this wonderful suggestion :D
Of course!! I'm glad you feel the same way about it and see the benefits there to making something like this! And the way the other games work, they can make it incrementally harder and harder with more required spells.

And of course I'm aware they may not want to implement something like this until after Revelius because the spell changes, but I think it would be highly useful to add and not brush to the side.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that we do not think this would fit as a Minigame, because we believe that you shouldn’t be rewarded for something like this. We overall enjoy the concept and may in the future try to make something out of the concept but as of now, we’re not moving forward with it.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!