DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Minigames Around the World

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Dear fellow gamers,

I am writing to you today to share my thoughts and suggestions regarding the current state of open world minigames. My name is Leyak, and I am an experienced gamer with a passion for exploring the vast and exciting worlds that these games offer.

As a player, I have had the opportunity to participate in various open world activities, including parkour and mazes. While these games are undoubtedly entertaining, I have noticed some areas that could benefit from improvement. I would like to offer my feedback on these activities, as I believe it could help to enhance the overall gaming experience for all players.

Furthermore, I have some exciting ideas for new open world minigames that I believe would be incredibly engaging and fun for players of all skill levels. Specifically, I would like to propose the addition of ancient arenas, flying activities and diving exercises. I have thought long and hard about these games and believe they would add a new level of excitement and challenge to the open world minigame experience.

So let's get started.

Parkour Minigames
I would like to take a moment to share my thoughts on parkour minigames. I believe that these activities are already great as they are. The excitement and challenge of navigating through complex and creative obstacle courses are unparalleled, and I have enjoyed many hours of gameplay in these minigames.

However, I believe that there is an opportunity to take parkour minigames to the next level. Specifically, I would like to propose the addition of parkours that involve spell-casting. Imagine running and jumping through an obstacle course while also casting spells to overcome obstacles or enemies. This would add a new layer of complexity and excitement to parkour minigames, making them unique and memorable.

In addition to new parkours, I would also love to see the return of some old favorites, such as Dormunstrad. Revamping these classic parkours would provide a nostalgic experience for long-time players while also giving newer players a chance to experience them for the first time.

Overall, I believe that parkour minigames have incredible potential, and I am excited about the possibilities for the future. I hope that my ideas will be valuable to you and that we can work together to continue to innovate and improve the open world minigame experience.

Maze Minigames
Moving on to mazes minigames, I believe that these activities have significant potential for improvement. Currently, mazes are primarily focused on memory, and while this can be challenging, it can also become repetitive after a while. That's why I suggest adding some spice to the mix.

One way to make mazes more engaging would be to introduce random generation. Rather than players memorizing a set maze, the maze would generate itself each time, making each experience unique. Additionally, adding riddles or NPCs to help players navigate through the maze would add a new level of strategy and puzzle-solving, making the maze more engaging and exciting.

Moreover, introducing monsters into the maze would increase the challenge and excitement of the game. Players would have to navigate through the maze while avoiding monsters, making it a thrilling experience.

In conclusion, I believe that mazes minigames have the potential to be much more than just memory-based games. By introducing random generation, riddles/NPCs, and monsters, we can create a challenging and engaging experience that players will want to return to time and time again. Thank you for considering my suggestions, and I look forward to seeing how we can work together to improve the mazes minigames.

Elytra/Flying Minigames
I would also like to share my thoughts on elytra/flying minigames. I believe that these activities have incredible potential for innovation and excitement.

One way to create the experience of flying minigames would be to equip players with an elytra and have them float down a series of obstacles. This would require precision and skill, adding a new level of challenge to the game. Additionally, having locked sections of the different maps that can be unlocked by spell-casting on a button would make the game more exciting. It would give players something to work towards and make the game more rewarding.

Moreover, incorporating spells and magic into flying minigames could take the experience to the next level. Imagine flying through the air, casting spells to blast obstacles out of the way or to create new paths. This would make the game more interactive and immersive, and it would allow players to feel like they are truly in control of their experience.

In conclusion, I believe that elytra/flying minigames have significant potential for innovation and excitement. By incorporating spell-casting, locked sections, and other elements, we can create a truly unique and engaging experience for players.

Ancient Arena Minigames
Another idea I'd like to share with you is the concept of ancient arenas. These would involve players battling waves of monsters that spawn in an enclosed arena. As players progress through each wave and defeat the monsters, the difficulty would increase with stronger and more challenging monsters in the next wave.

The waves could be endless, or they could lead up to a final boss fight. This would provide a sense of achievement and accomplishment for players who manage to make it to the final wave.

Ancient arenas would be a great way to test players' combat skills and strategy. It would require players to be quick on their feet and to adapt to different monster types and attack patterns. Moreover, it would offer a different gameplay experience than the parkour or maze minigames, allowing players to diversify their activities in the open world.

In conclusion, ancient arenas would be an exciting addition to the open world minigame activities. I believe that this game mode would provide a thrilling experience for players and add another layer of excitement to the game. I hope to see ancient arenas become a part of our open world gameplay experience.

Swimming Exercises Minigames
I also wanted to share an idea for swimming exercises in the open world. This would involve players jumping into the ocean and swimming down to collect gold at the bottom. The catch is that players would have to fight off underwater monsters and use spell-casting on certain objects to unlock hidden areas to collect even more gold.

This activity would require players to have a good grasp of swimming mechanics and combat skills. It would also require players to use their spells in creative ways, such as using water spells to create a path or using light spells to reveal hidden treasure. This would add an additional layer of strategy and challenge to the game.

Furthermore, swimming exercises would provide players with a refreshing break from land-based activities like parkour and mazes. It would also provide an opportunity for players to explore the ocean environment and discover new areas of the open world.

In conclusion, swimming exercises have the potential to add a unique and exciting gameplay experience to the open world. I believe that this game mode would be a great addition to the game, and I hope you will consider implementing it in the future.

Summary
In conclusion, I believe that my suggestions for open world minigames would make the game even more exciting and enjoyable for players. By adding unique elements to existing minigames like parkour and mazes, as well as introducing new activities like ancient arenas, flying activities and swimming exercises, players will have even more opportunities to explore the open world and test their skills. I hope that my feedback and suggestions will be taken into consideration, and I look forward to seeing how the game will continue to evolve in the future. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

Sincerely,
Leyak

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Parkour Minigames
I mainly agree, they should definitely add new ones, as well as readding some older ones with reworks where its needed. As or right now, I believe theres only 5 parkours on the whole /map, which is just sad. And finally, I think there should be way more variety when it comes to difficulty, because as of right now, most parkours are like "medium" difficulty. Theres not many really easy ones for unexperienced people, and theres not the super hard ones either.
Really nice suggestions, I like the idea of random generation, i wanted to suggest it for flying maps. Riddles and mobs will definitely elevate mazes to the next level, it makes me think of my favorite pw maze (the magical maze).
Ancient Arena Minigames
I suggested this concept within this thread which is on hold (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/new-arenas.11749/). I will like to comment on in since they did implement it once during the talent testing. So when I made that thread, I had something like u suggested here in mind, so theres like different waves of mobs that you go thru. The thing that was implemented during talent testing was just an arena with a bunch of mobs that spawned and thats NOT what i had in mind. Either way, no matter if this is a thing within arena halls or a thing in the world, I think it would be dope to do.
Swimming Exercises Minigames
I really like this, its very unique and different. Im not entirely sure exactly how it would work but its def has potential. They could add it to the Black lake or something, so its kinda represents one of the challenges Harry Potter went thru during the Triwizard tournament.

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello, @LiviDk !

I'm here to let you know that this suggestion has been accepted and on-hold for the most part! For the Magical parkours, this is something we plan to do with our upcoming Minigames update which is mentioned in November's Game Design Blog. For the mazes, we unfortunately are not able to do random generation as it is not possible with our tech. However, we will be implementing new ways to make maze maps more fun in our upcoming update. In terms of mobs to fight in mazes, we like this idea and will consider doing this at a later time, but it will not be done in the near future, as it doesn’t fit with the current update we have planned.

In terms of flying maps around the world, we will be keeping flying within Academics and /games, but we would like to look into adding elytra maps to the world. However, this will be a bit further out from our upcoming update, as elytra builds take a lot longer to be completed than parkours and mazes. Regarding the ancient arena minigame suggested, similar to mobs in the mazes, this does not fit with the content we will be releasing in this update, but we’d like to consider it after we have completed this Minigames update. For the swimming minigame, we think this is probably much more suitable as a game in /games, but this would be much better in a newer version of Minecraft, so we will consider this after 2.0.

Thank you for making this suggestion, and have a magical day!