DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More detailed class booklets

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
Hi! I would like to suggest to write more details about the tasks in the class books. Sometimes there are pieces of information that are obvious for old players, but new players don't know about them because these are not always mentioned. For example some Professors take prompts only as a suggestions if you don't have any idea what to write. I would also like to suggest to make a detailed booklet about general class knowledge (/rh, /turnin, etc.), which could be used in every class. You could ask the Class Helper NPC to give you one, for example. I believe the beginner's guide from Potions class could also be given to the NPC, since most of the students don't need it.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
Hello therblaze!
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion for Potterworld! We truly appreciate it.
I will now bring up your idea to the other Poltergeists. We will dicuss it and get back to you soon.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect Drooble's Order
Hello again,
After talking about different aspects of you suggestion, we have unfortunately decided to decline it. Firstly, it might be quite difficult to create a general guide for getting an O+, as it does depend on the class and on the prompt. Generally, all professors are held to the same basic guidelines, yet some are more selective than others about which assignments receive an O+.
Secondly, we shouldn't really be telling players exactly what they need to do to get an O+. If players attend multiple classes, they will soon get a feel for what exactly is required for an O+ and what is important. They can also ask Professors or Class Helpers. As for the difference between newer and older players you mention, that is fine because we want to encourage players to attend classes to gain experience to then be able to get better grades.
Professors also state in their assignment book what they would like to see in players' assignments and those requirements are the only ones that have to be met to get an acceptable grade. These are sometimes slightly vague, as we would like to encourage creativity and freedom in what players can write.
Generally, we only give out "guide books" in classes where certain information is required to even be able to complete the class, such as in potions class. If the class is more interactive or includes certain aspects players might not know how to use, there will be a book explaining it or alternatively the Professor will explain it. If students have any further questions or concerns, they can always use /rh and a Professor or Class Helper will help them out.
Thanks again for making a suggestion and have a wonderful day!

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I've seen people (non - academic staff, however get O+ often) that have made guides on how they get O+. Maybe you could check that out, however obviously it would depend on the teacher.