DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More Friends!

FlatJambo

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: FlatJambo
Honeybadger Auralock
Hey my dudes! So basically I have made sooo many new friendos on this server and I want to know when all of them are on so I can pop on and say hi. However, I can only know when 50 are on. Technically I could do /online (player user) for each one but that is tedious. I would love to have more friend slots if possible.

arne ☾

Notable Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: tqrpiar
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lead Lore Master Lead
Must agree with this honestly, I get a lot of people sending me requests when helping out and using me as a reference point to ask questions to and I simply can't accept all of them even though it'd help so, upvoting this ^_^

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I believe the reason why there is a limit of 50 is because of technical restraints. The friend system uses a lot of resources, and so I don’t think the limit will be raised.

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I agree with Josh on this one. As the staff have already mentioned and explained both in-game and on the Discord server, friends are capped at 50 for a reason. Sending and receiving notifications for friends logging on/off takes quite a few resources, especially at this point when there are so many people online at once, each with their own friends list. The lag is already quite bad, and increasing the limit would cause even more (+ there are some times where I don't even get notifications anymore).

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

I brought your idea up to the team and unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion at this time. After much consideration, the team came to the conclusion that it is not technically possible right now. The way the friends system is set up now already takes a lot from the server and unfortunately expanding the limit would cause server lag. However, we are planning on revamping the system in the future where we will then be able to expand the limit, but for now we just are not able to.

Once again, thank you so much for making a suggestion though! We greatly appreciate it!