DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

More Riddles!

Bread Honeyduke

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: x_bread_x
Honeybadger
Hey everyone!
So if you have been playing on the server for a while (or even a couple months/weeks) you've probably ran into a problem- Tommy Riddle. This cute Serpent NPC is placed over a multitude of locations on PotterworldMC. To recap, his goal is to give players a riddle every 24 hours. Once the player deciphers the riddle, it leads them to a place anywhere on the server, where a glowing NPC is located. Once you click on it, you get XP and some gold. However, to my knowledge, there are only 50 of these riddles available to the PW community. I myself, loved these riddles. The problem is this though: There are not enough. Riddles are a great way to get Potterworld to explore our gorgeous server, interact with other players and gain rewards.

So, here is my suggestion! I think that we should have a channel in the PotterworldMC discord called #riddle-suggestions. In this server, players can submit riddles and then answers. Of course, in order for players not to get future riddles spoiled, no one except staff would be able to view the channels history. About once a week (or whenever) whoever makes the riddles could come together and pick a riddle from this channel. Because this is open to the entire server, they would always have a plethora of suggestions to choose from! This would be a great way to get players to be on the server more, and be more active in the community.
Thanks for reading! :heart:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Hey everyone!
So if you have been playing on the server for a while (or even a couple months/weeks) you've probably ran into a problem- Tommy Riddle. This cute Serpent NPC is placed over a multitude of locations on PotterworldMC. To recap, his goal is to give players a riddle every 24 hours. Once the player deciphers the riddle, it leads them to a place anywhere on the server, where a glowing NPC is located. Once you click on it, you get XP and some gold. However, to my knowledge, there are only 50 of these riddles available to the PW community. I myself, loved these riddles. The problem is this though: There are not enough. Riddles are a great way to get Potterworld to explore our gorgeous server, interact with other players and gain rewards.

So, here is my suggestion! I think that we should have a channel in the PotterworldMC discord called #riddle-suggestions. In this server, players can submit riddles and then answers. Of course, in order for players not to get future riddles spoiled, no one except staff would be able to view the channels history. About once a week (or whenever) whoever makes the riddles could come together and pick a riddle from this channel. Because this is open to the entire server, they would always have a plethora of suggestions to choose from! This would be a great way to get players to be on the server more, and be more active in the community.
Thanks for reading! :heart:
It's a nice idea to help out the staff members, but I believe only a few people can/would be able to create good quality riddles. If those people kept making them, they might as well apply for a staff. Also they would know the answers.
My opinion on riddles is that we should go back to daily riddles that are the same for everyone, because as of right now, there's not that many riddles and all of the locations are public. If there was a new riddle every day, it would motivate people to actually look for the location and not just ask in chat or find it on discord.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Bread Honeyduke!

Thank you for creating this suggestion, as we find the community's ideas and thoughts to be extremely important when searching for ways to improve the server! I personally believe that this is a very creative idea if added, as it might also increase the communication/bond between the staff team and the community. At this time, I'll bring it up to the rest of the Poltergeist team for further discussion. Once a final decision has been made by the Leadership team, a response will be made, so keep an eye out for any updates on this thread!

Thank you again for making this suggestion and have a wonderful day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Bread Honeyduke!

I'd like to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted. Having the community involved in creating riddles is something we really liked, and we agree that adding new riddles would give more variety to the pool of riddles we currently have. Therefore, we are currently looking into this being possible in the near future! However, we do not have any specific information on how we will be doing this yet, so the specifics of the suggestion may be different.

Thank you again for making this suggestion! Have a lovely day!