DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

My Personal Feedback on Guilds

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I personally love the guilds, and I believe it's a very good idea. I'll list some of the positives, and then some things to add on or change about it in my opinion.

Let's start with the positives:

1) I am in love with the idea of making little miniature groups within Potterworld. This will make it much more fun, and will allow players to make closer friends, and get more involved in the community.
2) It's something to do. You can compete with other groups to try and get the most gold, and members. There's the fun in trying to advertise your guild to try and get as much members as possible.
3) It's like a permanent party. You don't have to make a new one every time you go on and offline, because you're always in it!

Some things to add or change:

1) I feel like the gold does not have much purpose right now. My idea is to use the gold to pay to hire a promoter which will be a bot to advertise your guild every 2 hours in chat, and it goes on for one day. Or maybe it could be just like the stands in Vertick Alley for shops, but there's this building you go in to see the advertised guilds.
2) Maybe add a prefix to the game displaying with guild you're in. This will be so much fun to have!
3(Edit, and another thing I thought of): I feel like we should be able to join more than one. I understand the reason, because there’s only one channel, but maybe if we could do a command like /pick gu, and then it gives the list of all the guilds you’re in, and then you chose one to focus on, and then switch when you want to switch.
4) (Another edit) I think we should add a channel dedicated to advertising guilds, because I find that it's clogging up the global chat. Or we can add a rule where you only advertise in /roleplay, or /tc

To wrap this up I think that the guilds were an awesome idea! I am looking forward to see which updates will be happening for it in the future! Thank you so much for this update.

*P.S Join Egg Dog Guild, bc it is so chill and awesome*

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
My guess is that the purpose for guild gold is probably for upgrades toward the gold like how they mentioned in the thread that Part 3 may release Guild Housing or storage.

2) Maybe add a prefix to the game displaying with guild you're in. This will be so much fun to have!
I think they should add suffixes instead with a 4 letter limit related to the guild name. The suffix would be at the end of the player name. But only show them in the player tab or on the player when you see them - not in chat just to avoid clutter.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @Yellow_Flower and everyone else in the thread!

We really appreciate the positive feedback and that you like guilds so far, as well as the ideas you've come up with! In terms of these ideas;
1) gold will play a role in part 2 of the guild release;
2) we will not be adding a guild prefix unfortunately, as we have a lot of different prefixes already and there would be many many new ones with this idea, making it confusing for new and current players in chat;
3) we prefer having players be loyal to one guild at a time and not in multiple guilds at once;
4) players are able to use #guilds on the Discord to advertise their guild.

As this thread is mostly suggestions, we will be declining it. Regardless, thank you for bringing up so many ideas and I hope you have a wonderful day!