DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Necessary changes to Star Battle FFA

Samuel

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: SamuelTM
Griffin Phoenix
Well you read the title, there are some serious issues with the new FFA mode that was introduced for the May the 4th 7th event.

For starters, the spawn locations. When I started playing I immediately noticed the lack of one crucial thing: Balanced spawning locations. There are several issues with the current spawning locations and I've had several unpleasant surprises because of them:
- Sometimes you spawn in the middle of an army of bots. I'm not talking one or two, but easily a dozen. Within a second they start shooting at you and before you can react you're 4 hearts down which makes you easy competition for actual players.
- There are overall a very limited amount of spawn locations. This sometimes causes two players to spawn at the same location within seconds of each other, you obviously don't want that.
- A few times it happened that after I kill someone they respawn like 20 blocks away and immediately kill me. Not sure how to fix that but it is extremely annoying.
I'm no developer but I think you could fix this by simply adding more spawn locations around the borders of the map.

Now onto my second point, the bots.
In my opinion they serve no use and I don't know why they even exist. They barely give you any credits and don't help you in any other way. Like I mentioned earlier, you sometimes spawn in the middle of an army of them. They only get in the way of you and other players which contradicts the concept of an FFA. It's supposed to be player against player, not player against player but with a few bots that appear out of nowhere and add nothing to the fight but irritation to both players.

Those are my major points for now, but overall this game is still riddled with smaller annoyances and bugs. It just seems like it was quickly put together and it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'll just add that this game promotes HEAVY spam. From what I've noticed, most ppl just collect the credits to get themselves a saber which are very OP, you are better off spam clicking it then trying to use a gun. And before you get a saber, the spammy gun feels like the only good option since using any other gun isn't worth it - they do so little dmg for the aim they require, and at the end, ppl with sabers are in a big advantage.

EdenLovesMommy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: EdenLovesMommy
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
There are numerous reasons why the bots are good additions even though I was also annoyed with them at first. For one, it allows actual bad players to still have a chance to get guns if they suck at pvp. It also goes on your "points" calculation which is basically a rough KDR they use in star battle which is a good incentive for people to play to get on the leaderboard even if they can't get pvp kills as easily. They also fit the FFA bots into a quest line where you have to go to FFA to kill bots. This is smart because its just overall contributing to the activeness of FFA and makes the quests feel more immersive.

As for spawns I do get that but also because you don't spawn at the opposite side you were killed at, it makes your spawn location way more unpredictable so its very hard to spawn camp someone in FFA.

ALSO: FFA was not quickly put together it was tested by staff and players together and had rapid balance changes that worked towards what its at now.

Also Navvy that's just not true sabers are very easily counterable with certain guns just play long. The entire FFA system is very decently balanced with my only complaint being have the sniper do unlimited range.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
There are numerous reasons why the bots are good additions even though I was also annoyed with them at first. For one, it allows actual bad players to still have a chance to get guns if they suck at pvp. It also goes on your "points" calculation which is basically a rough KDR they use in star battle which is a good incentive for people to play to get on the leaderboard even if they can't get pvp kills as easily. They also fit the FFA bots into a quest line where you have to go to FFA to kill bots. This is smart because its just overall contributing to the activeness of FFA and makes the quests feel more immersive.

As for spawns I do get that but also because you don't spawn at the opposite side you were killed at, it makes your spawn location way more unpredictable so its very hard to spawn camp someone in FFA.

ALSO: FFA was not quickly put together it was tested by staff and players together and had rapid balance changes that worked towards what its at now.

Also Navvy that's just not true sabers are very easily counterable with certain guns just play long. The entire FFA system is very decently balanced with my only complaint being have the sniper do unlimited range.
Sam is right about spawning tho. Not just bc of bots, but like you could 1v1 someone, and the loser can immidiatelly come back to that same spot.
And sabers are OP, I haven't seen a single person who plays a bit longer using any guns.
Personally I find it much easier to just spam click with a sword that has all of those abilities, rather than trying to stay far away (which is also hard bc of the saber movement abilities). Plus the only gun that realistically would do well is sniper, but the range on that is so low (doesn't make sense, pistol has longer range than it lol) AND it requires perfect aim.
And there's no need to call eachother out, the point of forums is to have a place to debate with others. I also wasn't apart of star battle testing and imo, it still feels unbalanced (the snipe range for example, like who let that slide)

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Heya @Samuel !

I'm happy to let you know that this suggestion has mostly been completed! We have implemented more spawn locations to counter some of the spawn issues that you have mentioned. However, we won't be getting rid of the mobs, as they do allow for players to progress without needing to PVP if they do not wish to do so.

Thank you for suggesting this; we always love hearing player feedback! I hope you have a great day!