DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Nerf

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
I'm assuming you mean fire and fall damage? If so, I'm not sure if they should be nerfed, as they are part of dueling and therefore also part of spell wars and it would perhaps take away from the gameplay if these two elements were nerfed, not to mention it would take far longer to kill people, which I believe could be annoying.

herbologies

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: suzhen
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
  • The fire spells that you get in game (that set you alight) are Ignis and Magmify and Incendo in the early game, and Conflamorus and Meteorum in the late game. Magmify and Incendo can both be dodged and jumped out of without catching on fire. Personally I think that Conflamorus and Meteorum should stay as they are, as they are spells you have to work for by getting to the middle before other players, they also both have to be charged up before usage; and concerning Ignis, I think that it's a necessary spell for the early game due to its fairly low cooldown, and solid damage and knockback. And concerning Magmify and Incendo- they're just... decent.
  • Concerning fall damage, Levosus is the only real spell that can reliably be used to inflict fall damage, it has a cooldown of about 6 seconds (out of the game, haven't checked in game, but I doubt it changes) so I can see how it can get annoying, but I think that it's a) fine as it is and b) a really good, and fairly common spell that gives you a chance against much stronger opponents with much stronger spells than you when played correctly. Also, I find that sometimes Levosus fails to knock the opponent up, or the opponent is indoors, meaning they won't take as much fall damage if they have a roof above them.
  • Finally, "problem with spell wrs is a lot of the time u dont get anti fire spells." personally I find anti-fire spells (either Purificus or Aquamento) in the starting chests on my spawning island, and if I don't (which is very rare) I find them in the next island I build over to.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello and thank you for the suggestion! I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm going to bring this up with the Poltergeist team to see what they think and get back to you as soon as I can!

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Once again, thank you for your suggestion! Although this isn't a top priority at this moment in time, we do agree with this suggestion. Keep your eyes out for any changes with Spell Wars in the future as we will work on the minigame when we can. We hope to hear more from you in the future!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hi there @MattyPoltergeist !

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined. After meta changes from Revelius, we agree the game was totally unbalanced and that was one of the key reasons the player count from Spell Wars decreased. If we were to bring it back, we would work to make fall damage, fire, and all other methods of damage to be balanced, but we will decline this suggestion now as we are not currently working on bringing back Spell Wars.

Thank you once again for creating this suggestion and I hope you still have a wonderful day!!