DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New Fighting Stuff

Atreus | ethxnTM

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ethxnTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Add maybe swords or bows! I know using wands is what makes pw, well, pw! But lets say for rp purposes, or even just because its fun, that they should add swords! Thats what makes minecraft minecraft, is fighting and building! As using a sword is quite easier than using wands

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
In all seriousness though, this suggestion would simply not work. Not because it is inherently bad, but because it just does not comply with the basic foundations the server was created upon. Potterworld is a server set in a magical school, based upon magical spells and about people who study magic and therefore it's only reasonable that all PvP/E should be magical. The server is heavily based upon the Harry Potter series and while it has parted ways with it in multiple ways, it would be an understatement to say that bows and swords would be a step too far. The amount of balancing and thought needed for something like this just does not equal the demand from the playerbase and it could very easily divide such players, creating conflict and debate between them. There are other servers and other games in general that pull this idea off with their themes and values in mind, however people join Potterworld for the magic aspect and the staff team's goals should be to perfect THAT system before anything else.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @WitheredApollo (Atreus)!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve the server and make it fun for all players! Thinking about it, it'd be interesting if swords and bows were accessible, as it does open up other styles of gameplay, but I can also see some concerns with this which Matty brought up.
At this time, I will bring this suggestion to the rest of the Poltergeist team. Once the discussion between the Poltergeists has concluded, it will be brought up to the Leadership team. After they make a final decision on the suggestion, I'll return to you with a response!

Have a great day and a happy Winter Waltz!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya again @WitheredApollo (Atreus)!

I'd like to inform you that this suggestion has been declined, unfortunately. The main idea behind the server is magic, and the wand is the predominant tool for duelling, killing mobs, completing quests and other gameplay content. Because of this, we do not see a place for swords and bows in terms of the theme of the server and the balancing and system that would be required. Regarding RP purposes, there are a few items that resemble bows and swords that can be utilised by players as a slight alternative, but they wouldn't do any damage.

We hope you understand this decision and continue to share more ideas and feedback with us in the near future! Have a lovely day!