DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New Item(s) for newbies and oldies

Sinelius

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Sinelius
Honeybadger
Heyo,
How about making an item that will contain the same menu Scarlett has when you click on her? Essentially replacing her and the need to divert players to her all the time and just say "Use your ____!"
This item may also (or not) contain everything that the Remembrall has (replacing it too since rarely anyone gets it honestly) so its essentially a /faq item as well.
Another idea is a "Mirror Erised Shard" (let's call it that) and it replaces the /me command, showing you 'yourself' (xp progression, /gear and other things related to you.
The general idea of these items is to help make it easier to direct people and the people having an easier time getting a variety of info, be it locations in the castle (first item) or info regarding the server and/or themselves (second item).
Also, perhaps an 'Owl' looking item that (when holding it shows on your shoulder or something) and is essentially the /ticket, so when someone needs help, they click it and its like sending a letter basically but actually the ticket system.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Sinelius!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration on creating this suggestions! We're always looking for ways to help improve the server and make it fun for all players. I'll bring up your suggestion to the rest of the staff team and send a response to you soon!

Have a nice day!

sewerratss

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: sewerratss
Dark Follower Raven Vampire
I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest. It just doesn't seem as practical as the commands /me , /t create , and /gear. It also takes up inventory space, which I already have 5 slots filled with my wand, beaded bag, broom, warpkey bag, and quest journal. Not to mention doing the commands is very easy and has no complications, so it doesn't really need to be changed. For moderation, it also doesn't make anything easier or harder. Telling a player to do a certain command is easy to follow already. In fact, switching it up could complicate things for players, and also makes extra unnecessary work for the team that would have to make and implement and test these items.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya @Sinelius!

I've returned with a response, and after careful consideration amongst the staff/lead team, this suggestion has been declined due to a few reasons. There would be too many personal items to carry around, as it would take up space in ones inventory. Also, compared to how things are currently, it would be quicker and more convenient to use the commands rather than using them as items. Regardless of this, thank you for making this suggestion, and we hope you share more with us in the near future.

Have a fantastic day!