DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Non-Staff being able to chat in global or any other chats like quest chat during Classes/Challenges

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
So I kind of find it annoying when there's a good conversation, or someone needs help, and I have to message them to help them out. Sometimes someone asks "How are you?" in global chat, and I'm in a class, so I have to message back, "Good, hbu?" to be friendly and stuff, and that just puts in way more effort, and makes it seem weird. I just think it would be way easier if non-staff could talk in any chat during classes. Because some do still want to help out others with quests, and still be apart of class at the same time!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hi hi @Yellow_Flower !

Thank you for suggesting this! I definitely understand how this can be frustrating, therefore I will bring this up to my fellow Poltergeists! I will be sure to let you know once a decision has been made, so I definitely suggest keeping an eye on this thread!

Thank you once again and I hope you have a magical day!

Lynn

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Mireiia
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hi there @Yellow_Flower !

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. The reason it is currently disabled is because we prefer to keep players only able to talk in class chat during a specific class. This way other chats won't be too crowded with class related subjects. Furthermore, we're afraid players might miss important information that the professors are providing in the class chat and would be much harder to moderate.

Thank you once again for bringing up this suggestion and I hope you still have an amazing day!