DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Old returning player bundle + tips, to catch you back up to speed

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
If a player has not logged on for more than, say, 5 months?, upon entering a world, they should be greeted with a title welcoming them back, and mentioning of a new option for returning players in /me.

Hear me out: the /me is just an example, but it could be literally anything from clicking a chat message like classes, to a command to open it. I think locating it in /me fits, though.

Upon hovering over your player head in /me, you'd be greeted with a few extra lines of text, and clicking it would open a different menu with a few items;

1 — List of reminders: most importantly, /faq.
2 — Supply chest, containing some items i.e. basic magic & health potions, a bit of gold (100-ish?), and some other items that I can't think of in the moment that would be useful as a returning player.
3 — 2x Experience boost for 24 hours. This would be a nice 'headstart' to kick things off.

Possibly other functions that I can't think of right now. This is just a concept, not really a full-fledged idea. :)

PeachSoju

Notable Magician
I think this idea is really creative and would be a very player-friendly addition to the server! I love the idea of the experience booster in particular. :)

Edit: I also wanted to say, maybe the duration for which players must be inactive should be raised to 6mo/1yr to avoid any abuse of this feature also.

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
This is a really interesting concept! I used to play on the server a lot back in 2016-17 and then I went on a 2-year break. I remember that when I came back a year ago, I was very confused because the server had changed so much. Having this in-game would have definitely helped me ease back into the server. I feel that a lot of older players also have trouble returning to the server because of all the change, so this could be helpful for many people.

In addition to the things that you mentioned, I think it would be a good idea to include a part that lists the biggest changes in gameplay in the past year. It could perhaps even link the player to a tutorial video on the PW YouTube channel if there is one made. :D

Potterworld is always changing and I feel that for that reason, this isn't something we can implement in the near future. We are working to establish gameplay onto PW that will remain a core part of the server, but currently, many things are not set in stone. I can see this being implemented after Revelius, once we are set on what Potterworld will be as a server.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Last edited: