DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Party Game: "Potion Mayhem"

government_h

New Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: government_h
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Drooble's Order
An idea for a new Party Game: Potion Mayhem

This would be a potion brewing game, similar as it is in Potions classes.

The basic idea:
  • In a large room there are up to 12 randomly assigned potion brewing stations.

• In a few smaller rooms around, the player has to obtain the needed potion ingredients. (The room layout could change each game.)

• Greenhouse style rooms with plants to be gathered.
    • Cave style rooms for mobs to be killed.
    • Storage rooms to click on crates/items (possibly the design is such that you have to make a few simple jumps to get to the top of crates, look behind paintings or levitate some leviomora blocks to collect the item needed).

• The game begins with the player spawning close to their designated brewing station. Above the station appears the title of the potion the player has to brew as well as the ingredients needed (the ingredients yet to be collected appear in red, the ingredients already collected - in green).

• The potion each player has to brew is picked randomly, there is no set order.

• Once the first potion is done, it has to be submitted into a bigger/decorative cauldron in the middle of the room (possibly simple parkouring up to it). A sparkling block needs to be clicked with the potion to submit it.

• A new potion task is given immediately to the player after submitting the brewed potion and the player’s inventory is cleared of any items obtained in the previous round, to avoid the player just collecting a bunch of each ingredient at the start.

• It's a 3-5 minute game and one can brew as many potions as possible within that time.
To visualize what it could look like:

Obviously it would be a tad more fast paced than in this video, as I had to do some editing magic (awful editing, lots of mistakes, I know) without the knowledge of certain plugins, but I think it could be a fun and maybe slightly chaotic addition to Party Games :unsure:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think this idea needs a bit more "mayhem" in it.
Maybe add a mob that attacks the players just like that leprechaun in the Ireland cave that throws stuff at players when they get close. When a player gets hit they just get knocked back a bit.
Or separate the brewing stations so the cauldron and crafting tables aren't next to each other.
Or randomize each brewing station so if they use one cauldron, they have to run to a crafting table, and then run to a different cauldron than before - use the green particles on them.
Or just have one brewing station platform with a time limit on it - so if a player is using it they have 10 seconds to make a potion then they get tossed out of the area.
Or have players use their potions to attack other players at the brewing station to slow them down?
And I think that 3-5 minute time limit that you mentioned might be too much since Party Games overall takes around 6 minutes right now, I think?

government_h

New Magician
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: government_h
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Drooble's Order
I think this idea needs a bit more "mayhem" in it.
Maybe add a mob that attacks the players just like that leprechaun in the Ireland cave that throws stuff at players when they get close. When a player gets hit they just get knocked back a bit.

I quite like this.

Perhaps at the top of the cauldron there could be a "Poltergeist" Mob that randomly throws stuff at the players, knocking them back. Or maybe even just as they get closer when they try to submit the finished potions.

Or randomize each brewing station so if they use one cauldron, they have to run to a crafting table, and then run to a different cauldron than before - use the green particles on them.

Maybe the "assigned" potion stations could switch every... idk, 30-45 ? seconds, to another potion station, so the player would have to run around and find which station is their assigned one now. They could be colour coded and shown with particles/holograms.

Or have players use their potions to attack other players at the brewing station to slow them down?

One of the ideas I originally had, was that players are given Bulbadox Powder (or the PotterworldMC lore equivalent) every 30 seconds, with which they could sabotage other players by coating their cauldron and causing the potion to explode towards the end and fail. The player would not lose the ingredients, but have to start the brewing process all over again.

And I think that 3-5 minute time limit that you mentioned might be too much since Party Games overall takes around 6 minutes right now, I think?

So 2-3 minutes max then?

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Totally off topic but this video just reminded me how badly pw needs background music back.

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @government_h !!

Unfortunately this is too complex of an idea for a minigame for now, especially as we are not sure how brewing would currently translate in minigames. However, in the future we may take parts of this idea to create a simpler game from it.

Regardless, thank you for your suggestion. We truly appreciate the time you took to make it! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: