DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Party Games Feedback

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Drooble's Order Engineer Intern
As one of the people who play Party Games the most, I’ve noticed the game is still in beta mode. Since I love the game, I thought I’d give some feedback from myself and some things I’ve heard from others. This will include some feedback on all the minigames, any glitches or problems I’ve found, along with some of my thoughts on the individual games.

Capture the Pixies: I personally feel that Capture the Pixies is a good game. However, it can be frustrating because there isn’t a low enough ceiling limit. I’m not sure if this is intentional or not, but it can become highly annoying. Often, the pixies will go out of reach, and since they aren’t being caught, fewer start to spawn. This causes the game to go on longer than it should and a lot of the time no one gets to 20. I think that adding an invisible block ceiling would make this game less frustrating and more fun to play.

Choose the Potion: I like Choose the Potion. I think it is a quick and easy-to-understand game. However, there is a problem I’ve noticed. Light purple and regular purple along with gold and yellow are sometimes confusing. Especially for people who are colorblind, this can be an unfair challenge. I think that adding different shaped vials to the potions for some of the similar colours would help a lot with this problem. That way, people who are colour blind or just get confused easily will have an easier time distinguishing the potions.

Escape the Dungeon: This is a solid game. I’ve seen some new players to Potterworld struggle sometimes but they usually figure it out after playing a few rounds of it.

FFA Dueling: Once again, this is a solid game and I like it. I haven’t noticed any problems with it. While I’ve heard some people complain about it, I think the spell with gravity makes the game more unique and fun to play.

Flying: Flying is straightforward, it helps new players learn how to control a broom better, and I haven’t noticed any specific problems with it.

Hide From the Goblin: Personally, I dislike this game. After playing it many times, I’ve yet to notice any sort of pattern or specific strategy. The game being luck-based is a little annoying as it’s hard to improve at and it doesn’t seem to have the same feel as the rest of the games. Playing it becomes very repetitive and gets boring compared to the fast-paced other games. There’s a glitch that sometimes you can’t run and are stuck walking down the hallway. This is very frustrating as the only way I’ve found to fix it is either wait or reset the running key, which doesn’t always work. My vote would be to remove the game or switch it with something that has a similar concept with some strategy behind it. If this game does have some sort of strategy other than estimating the amount of time between the goblins coming then it isn’t clear enough.

Keep the Crown: This game can be fun, but at times it can be frustrating. When there are a lot of people, especially 6+ people, it becomes overly difficult to hit the player with the crown. This is because everyone is crowded and so the spell usually hits a person without the crown. I think a fix to this or something that would make the game more enjoyable is a new, more open map.

Knockout: Knockout is fun. (Knockout is the game with the big platform, not the small one.) I haven’t noticed any glitches or problems with this game. It’s enjoyable and doesn’t get repetitive.

Knockout Zone: This game isn’t my favorite but there’s no major problems with it. I think it would be more enjoyable if the spell cooldown was 0.5-1 second faster. One glitch I have noticed is that sometimes, while it’s very rare, all the players will be invisible for someone. I don’t know if this has to do with lag or if this can be fixed, but I thought I’d mention it.

Shooting Range: This is a fine game. I may not be the best at it, but I don’t have a problem with it. Sometimes there are lag spikes with the whole group, but I’m not sure if that is fixable or not.

Shoot the Target: I like this game, but there is one problem I’ve noticed. Sometimes when you hit one of the owls, it will disappear, I will hear the spell hitting the owl, but it will not give you the points for it. No one else will get points for it either, so it is not another person hitting it when I thought I did. Other than that though, it’s a very fun game.

Tag: Tag would be fun if it didn’t have some very frustrating issues with it. The first one is that sometimes it won’t let you shoot. The cooldown will be done but it still won’t let you shoot the spell. Another issue is that sometimes you hit someone and will hear the hit noise the spell makes on impact, but the TNT will not pass to that person. I’ve been hit before and gotten the notification in my chat I was hit but it didn’t transfer to me. This can be very frustrating when it’s a round that will decide who wins the entire game. I also would like to suggest that the tagged person gets speed as it’s difficult to explore the whole map with such a short-timer.

Trivia: Trivia is great. It’s easy to understand and it helps people learn the lore names for things. I wish there were a few more questions. I’ve found no problems with this game.

Wand Spleef: Wand spleef is fun and swaggy. I haven’t noticed any problems with it and I’ve never heard any other player complain about any aspect of the game. It’s easy to understand and is fun for both newer and older players.

Sorry, this was a little long and might’ve sounded a bit like a rant. I’d love to hear any ideas for new minigames within Party Games! I’d also like to make it known I’m not trying to spread hate toward any of the wonderful staff teams who worked hard on this game. Like I’ve said, I love the game and thought it would be nice to share some feedback from myself as well as things I’ve heard from others. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @CarzyLizard!!

We really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this post. All feedback and suggestions we receive are very much appreciated. I will mark this forum as feedback and we will take your thoughts into consideration as well as bring up the suggestions you have provided. I'll let you know if we have any updates!
Thank you so much and have an amazing day!!

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @CarzyLizard!

Thank you for this detailed suggestion! Apologies for the long wait for a response. I'm happy to let you know that many of these suggestions have been accepted! For Capture the Pixies, the map will be changing so the pixies are easier to capture. In Choose the Potion, the purple potion will be switched to black to make it easier to tell the difference. We will be removing the game Hide from the Goblin as there is little strategy to this game. We also will be adding a new map for Keep the Crown that is more open. Knockout zone will have the cooldown lowered by 0.5 seconds.

Thank you so much for these ideas to help improve this game! Have an amazing day!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Liz Diggen !!

This suggestions is now complete. We changed the map of Capture the Pixies so players could capture pixies at various heights. In Choose the Potion, we swapped out a handful of colours and also added a variety of potion bottle textures to make them more distinguishable! For Keep the Crown, we have added a new map that makes it more fun to play and gives a greater chance at stealing the crown. For Knockout Zone, the cooldown was successfully lowered by 0.5 seconds. Finally, we have removed Hide from the Goblin as there was no strategy to it. For more details on everything that has been changes, you can check out the Minigames Update post here!

Once again, thank you for your suggestions! I hope you have a wonderful day:serpent:

It's great to hear that you're enjoying Party Games, and it's awesome that you're taking the time to give feedback on the game. As someone who loves playing games, I think it's really important for developers to listen to feedback from players like you to make sure the game is the best it can be.

Last edited: