DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

/pay command?

mn614

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: mn614
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Lore Master SPEW
Sometimes a friend might need a little gold, and it can be irritating to trade with them if they're far away. I don't see too much of a problem with a /pay command in this situation? To pay mn614 20 gold, for example, it'd be something like /pay mn614 20, and then perhaps a confirmation gui with a checkmark just in case. I think it'd be so much more effective than using the local trading system, as you can use it whenever you want!

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Aw I like this idea!! Omg it'd be so cute if like you wanted to secretly gift a friend something in gold so that they just get a message like "Cateo has put 1 gold into your balance", (yes 1 gold). This would be so cute!

mn614

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: mn614
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Lore Master SPEW
Instead of /pay, I would enable sending gold with mail. That way, the trading still feels "real" and you don't need to be close to the person you're giving gold to.
Ooh this is a cool idea too!

Last edited:

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @mn614!

Thank you for creating your suggestion! I’ll bring it up to the staff team and send a response to you as soon as possible!

Have a great day!

Zocolat

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zocolat
Honeybadger
Instead of /pay, I would enable sending gold with mail. That way, the trading still feels "real" and you don't need to be close to the person you're giving gold to.
True, but don't you need to be close to a mailbox? or is there a command you can type in to send mail? Because if you have to be next to a mailbox sometimes it could be annoying to trade seeing as you have to find one and someone else has to find one as well to check their mail

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
True, but don't you need to be close to a mailbox? or is there a command you can type in to send mail? Because if you have to be next to a mailbox sometimes it could be annoying to trade seeing as you have to find one and someone else has to find one as well to check their mail
Theres a mailbox in every town+you can get one for your housing. As of right now, if you wanna send items to someone, you need to find a mailbox and if that isn't an issue, I dont see the reason why would sending gold be any different.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again, @mn614!

Sorry for the wait! After careful consideration, your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. While we understand the convenience of this, having it as a command doesn’t feel realistic in a way. In addition, it wouldn't be very secure as you could mistakenly send it to someone else. However, we may look into different ways of sending gold such as via mail, but nothing is guaranteed. I'd like to thank you again for making this suggestion, and despite of this, we hope you continue to make more suggestions in the future!

Have a lovely day!