DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Potterworld Awards Ceremony

Pennox__

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Pennox__
Serpent
D354C075-8064-47BC-A42D-B86E828D6832.png

This is an idea that came to mind as I thought it would be a fun way for the community to come together and congratulate one another on all the hard work that goes into the server each year.

How would it work?
There would be several categories that could be awarded - these could be for staff, students and mixed. Voting forms would open for the community to submit who they think should be awarded for that particular category and would close on a deadline date. The top five players to receive the most nominations for each category would be eligible to be put forward for an award. The Awarding Ambassadors Panel will then get the final decision on who they think should receive an award.

How often will the ceremony be hosted?
This could be a yearly tradition event. Usually award season starts in April.

Would it be in-game?
Yes, it would be hosted like a class and can also be streamed to look back on. All nominees will be asked to provide a thank you statement prior to the ceremony, in case they’re unable to attend and be present to accept the award if they win.

What will be awarded?
As an example, those that win each award will receive a golden award item, 50 ACs, 50 Potterpoints and 50 Housepoints.

I hope you like my idea. Let me know what you think :)

Last edited:

Min

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Minyu
Dark Follower Phoenix Raven
I actually love this idea, of course it depends on how many categories there are and what they are named. But in my opinion not only 5 people that actually get selected for the 5 categories should win a price. There should definitly be a similar system like in Challenges/Tournaments. The people that are selected for a category should win a big price, but also there should be a price for participating :) And the categories should be something serious, like player who earned the most O+ in the year for example or the best duelist/flier of Potterworld. But in general I like this idea.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I feel like nominations can way easily be abused and misleadind and I also disagree with all 5 people getting rewards if that does happen. However, I do support the overall idea, it reminds me of the 'award' categories they did at the anniversary events but I think it would be nice to make it a bigger and more celebrated thing. I also think as a prize, a trophy would be far more fitting.

RainbowElfe

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: RainbowElfe
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
i like the idea, but I doubt it would work out well. only 'popular' people would get nominated even if they don't fit in said category. it reminds me of popularity contests, and in my experience, those only lead to jealousy between nominees.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @Pennox__ and others who left their feedback,

Thank you for leaving your idea! In addition, I really liked your broad description, this really helps us understand what you are proposing and already answers some questions that readers might have!

I will bring your idea forth to the team and I'll get back to you once we have reached a decision! Stay tuned.

I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi, @Pennox__, and others who left their feedback,

After an internal discussion with the team, we have decided to decline the idea.

Unfortunately, this is something we will not be doing. Doing an awards ceremony that uses nominations and votes is something that will be unfair to a majority of players. Friends could vote on each other and we would have to verify the authenticity of the received votes. We want players to have an equal chance, and that is hard to accomplish in an open (voting) system. Thus, we expect many players to be unhappy with this system. Leaving it to the Panel entirely would also not be an option as of now.

Because of the proposed system, we feel that it would be a popularity contest instead of the welcoming community event that you describe. Additionally, something like this would also be difficult to schedule and host. This is not something we can currently add to the current schedule.

Because of these described and other factors, we won't be moving forward with your idea. However, while awarding players like this is not something we will do, some of our teams can look into having specific content that corresponds with award season. Whether they do, will be up to those teams entirely.

Regardless of the decision, I want to thank you for posting your suggestion. We greatly appreciate it, as this gives us an insight into what players think and would like to see on the server.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I wish you a wonderful day :)