DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Potterworld Royal Family!

Fleur

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: TheRoyalQueen
Honeybadger Phoenix
The Potterworld Royal Family:

This is a Prefix that can only be acquired by members of the Potterworld Royal Family.
Since Potterworld is technically set in England, Why no have a Royal Family?

The Prefix can go somewhat like this - (Royal Family) in whatever color, I haven't really hashed out the full details but I'm just letting the suggestion float around!
Possible Roleplay Prefix.

1613205133287.png

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
eh, this idea of 'Since Potterworld is technically set in England, Why not have a ....' can be applied to so many things that it really becomes unnecessary and confusing (e.g. Prime Minister, Archbishop). It really doesn't have anything to do with Potterworld or Harry Potter and would just cause confusion in new and old players. And for a sort of ruling power, they already have the Ministry so adding a Royal Family would just clash with that, I feel like an actual British Prime Minister would come before this as that is actually featured in the books and I mean if they WOULD add it, I feel like it would be another staff role and therefore the name would probably have nothing to do with it and if it would be roleplay it would just be more complicated work and also the monarchy has like no power anymore either so theres not much accurate RP to be had

Last edited:

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
Hey there! I'm against this idea for multiple reasons:

1) The Royal Family is not magical

All of our current roleplay positions are all magical. For example, there's the Minister of Magic, Dark Lord, Lord of the Phoenixes, Headmaster of Potterworld, etc... This wouldn't fit with our style.

2) Lack of People

If this Royal Family position goes to people on the Roleplay team, there's just not enough people to fill that. Of course, it could always go to staff, but even then, I don't think that it would be necessary. If it were given out, there wouldn't be much use to it, since the Royal Family cannot participate in roleplay (since they're not magicals, thus meaning magicals cannot participate/interact with them).

3) Honorability

Like the Minister of Magicians, and the Headmaster, the Royal Family would be a very honorable rank. For this reason, it would not be given out to any regular player or staff member unless they have contributed lots to the server (hypothetically). There's not many people who are eligible for these very high titles on Potterworld, and even so, are not active in unofficial OR official roleplay, and even if they were, the position wouldn't fit with the current official roleplay storyline.

Thank you, these are just my opinions!

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
The Royal Family is not magical
"The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

Idk, seems like The Queen takes a sip or two daily

Fleur

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: TheRoyalQueen
Honeybadger Phoenix
LO
"The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

LOL

rhia

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: auvrie
Serpent

legendary

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello @Fleur,

Unfortunately, we will be declining this suggestion since there are a couple of points that we think make something like this not really viable. As mentioned in this thread, the royal family isn't necessarily magical, although of course a magical royal family could be created.
The more pressing issue is that we would have to make sure that the choosing process over who gets this prefix is fair through some sort of criteria or application, because we cannot just give the prefix to anyone. We would then need to hold these people to staff expectations, as well as have someone who can make these decisions.
There are also a lot of staff prefixes already, and this might increase the confusion over what role is what, especially since it's not really a staff position and players might think it is,
We also want any roles created to have a purpose, and this title would not really serve any real purpose, except perhaps for unofficial roleplay. However, any unofficial roleplay titles do not get prefixes and the prefixes of most Seers (everyone except the leaders of a faction) just stay as their default, instead of being their specific roleplay title, so it would be inconsistent to give out the royal family prefix for unofficial roleplay.

Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time to bring up your idea to us and have a wonderful day!