DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Private/Public Chat Indication in /ch

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hey amazing people!

I've been thinking about this for a bit and thought I should suggest it!
So commonly, it's assumed that say house chat is a private chat, same goes for local chat. And a lot of players end up saying things in those chats under the impression it was a private chat.

So my solution to this is that under /ch, it shows that a channel is private or public! Here would be an example of what I'm thinking:
Games ga - Joined [
Public]
Global - g - Joined [Public
Party pc - Joined [Private]
House Chat hc - Joined [Public]

This is pretty much what I have in mind, I think this will help players get a better understanding on how the chat system works!
What do you guys think about this?

Hope you all have a magical day! <3
-Cate

Last edited:

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I wonder if they could just rename the "House Chat" in /ch with the player's respective house to "Raven Chat" or " Honeybadger Chat" - that way it removes the confusion where "House Chat" is not /housing chat.
Plus it seems like the majority of chat is Public except for Party Chat and the way you have it makes me think that Global Chat could be changed from Public to Private and vice versa, along with the other chats.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Party Chat and the way you have it makes me think that Global Chat could be changed from Public to Private and vice versa, along with the other chats.
Oo yeah I did make the colors vice versa, I'll fix that, thanks! :D

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @Cate!

We appreciate you taking the time to make your suggestion! I’ll bring your idea up to the rest of the Poltergeist team and get back to you soon with a response.

Have a fantastic day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Cate!

Sorry for the wait! Thank you again for taking the time and consideration in creating your suggestion, as we're always keen on finding ways to improve the server and making it a fair and fun place for all players! I've returned with a response, and I'd like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted as we feel it will help provide clarification for newer players. Additionally, we understand that there have been issues regarding not being aware which chats are private and which ones are public and we felt implementing this suggestion would help that. The thread itself also got a lot of support, which showed us how helpful it would be among players.

Keep an eye out for any further updates on this, and I hope you have a nice day!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya @Cate and everyone who commented on this thread! I'm pleased to inform you that this suggestion has been completed! Private chats now indicate that they are private when you run /ch. We hope this helps players distinguish between public and private chats!