DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Pronouns

oakyno

Magician
Minecraft IGN: oakyno
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
saw you mention this in chat, and im so on board!! I always feel awk asking people bec im shy sometimes and dont want to make anyone upset ig? but this is so helpful and important!! love this suggestion!!!

Mythological

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MythicWoods
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
I was thinking about this the day before Angel actually mentioned it. It would really be nice to see if we can get a way to add pronouns to the server. I don't like assuming pronouns and not everyone likes being called they/them and I want to respect everyone! Great Suggestion.

angelisaqueeen

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: angelisaqueeen
Raven
From what I've seen, there's very little people on Potterworld who have been rude or disrespectful regarding pronouns or LGBTQ+ related topics in general. I understand what you mean by it being able to be easily abused, but based on my experience, the community that Potterworld harbors seems to be very accepting and respectful of others (pronouns and identities). I haven't met anyone there who's been that way to me or others, but that's just me personally. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine weeding out the disrespectful ones would be very easy considering how little of them there are. Obviously, there's a lot of pronouns, but people still need a space where they can safely use their pronouns. The people who use they/them pronouns (like myself) and/or neopronouns still deserve a place to be respected in that aspect.

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hii @angelisaqueeen and everyone replied to the thread,

Thank you for posting your suggestion on the forums as we always value input from the player base!

I'm here to provide an official reply to your thread in which I hope to explain why this is a duplicate of an earlier decision. As brought up by Pankakes we have received a similar suggestion for a pronouns system/option before and the leadership team has made the decision to decline it. We want to express that this decision was not made lightly as we have considered many factors. We definitely understand where the suggestion is coming from, especially since we strive to be as inclusive as possible on Potterworld and want to create a safe environment for all of our players. We try our best to not compromise that, even in the slightest ways, as we want our players to be respected and feel safe.

During the discussion it was thought about and spoken about a lot among the leadership team. A lot of them would want to do something like this, but we want to make sure that we protect the community. We believe that people should tell others their pronouns, and we encourage you to include your pronouns where available as much as possible if comfortable. For more information about these specific decisions, I highly recommend reviewing these threads, linked here for the in-game aspect and linked here for our Discord server.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments please don't hesitate to reach out to us on the forums or on Discord!